50cc moped derestrict

Fleck

Guest Richzx6r

In all seriousness there may be a restriction in the exhaust but you won't get much increased performance really from blocking it off I'd save the money and get something that does what you want it to do

Yeah I didn't think there would be much to be gained, especially as it's a 4 stroke. The owner was told at the dealership it can be de-restricted at the first service and he mentioned maybe 40mph+ and added pulling power today.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Did he say what he did to achieve that?

It's not been achieved yet, it's just what he's been told by the salesman when he bought it new.

He was told that the ecu would have to be changed and something else to let the engine transmission change up it's gearing or summat.

I'm doubtful it will make much difference really, my 110cc scooter is still shit and it's got double the power at 8bhp. Still it's better than a first class walk 8-)

I've told him the best thing to do would be pass the bike test. It's a moped on the back of a motorhome and 2 up the performance is... Well we know don't we :lol:

He's retired and would enjoy doing the test, would get him out and there's no pressure to pass at all. He could do a scooter test maybe that's cheaper and he could then have a 125 automatic. Anyway he might change his mind when he gets tired of 10mph up hills :thumb:

"He's been told by the salesman...."

Well at least there's another job Boris is cut out for when he loses his current one.

To be replaced by Jezza? A complete plonker methinks. God only knows what we have done to deserve such a shower of chancers.

Never fear, If they f**k Brexit up Nigel is coming to save the day.

After all, the government was forced to offer the referendum because Nigel was gaining in popularity. In the words of Arnie "He'll be baaaack!" :popcorn:

Well at least there's another job Boris is cut out for when he loses his current one.

To be replaced by Jezza? A complete plonker methinks. God only knows what we have done to deserve such a shower of chancers.

i noticed an indian mp was having a go at him on the one eyed monster this morning :lol:

i noticed an indian mp was having a go at him on the one eyed monster this morning :lol:

Surely they would have been a British MP ?