Cg125 oil leak

Datsmokinpigeon

Hello guys! I've have my cg for 2 months now it's a br/St 1996. A few days ago I've noticed a oil leak on the top cooling fin. It looked like it was coming from the rocker cover gascket so I changed it but the old one seems intact and I've been or a ride today and it's still leaking so woundering if it the cover or head that's cracked. Thoughts please.

When you first noticed it, did you tighten the cover first before replacing the gasket, if you did there is a good chance that the cover has become warped, post some photos, and give it all a good clean then let it tick over for a few minutes and see where it's leaking :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

The rocker cover doesn't need doing up really tight as it usually has a rubber seal beneath it so over tightening it will just damage the seal and the rocker cover can warp if you really tighten the bolts, depending on how warped it is you may be able to rectify it if its not too bad

take the cover off and using a straight edge metal ruler etc on it's edge have a look for any daylight as you sight along the edge, you may be lucky and be able to use a gasket sealant :thumb:

do it when the engine is cold, never remove a cover when the engine is hot :!:

I think I've got a spare cover if you need it but I very much doubt that yours is warped . It's only a cover and there's no oil pressure behind it so I'm surprised it's leaking to be honest . As suggested , try a bit of silicone sealant .