Is this a scam?

Pbassred

I just got PM'ed from someone who said that they want to send me their product for free so that I can review it. It sounds suspicious, but I can't see what the angle is. Stranger things have happened.

Worst case scenario they have your postal address (which loads of people do). If you've been being normal and not offending anyone online then you're just someone with some address, which isn't much of a concern or cause for excitement to anyone - my neighbour fits that bill, so do I etc. Unless you have an expensive bike that you've said you don't chain up? I dunno

Check with Stu - I was invited to review a cover, and I think some other people have as well. It turned out to be legit. In this case it's a rather good cover so I'm happy with the invitation.

I did wonder about this, I got the same invite but was a bit suspicious so never responded....

My feeling is that if someone is doing this sort of thing they need to post it openly on the board so Mods are aware of what's going on.

Also.....if they're offering a product or service they should clear it with [mention]Stu[/mention] first.

Private messaging for the reasons you stated would give me cause for concern.

It's legit!

I have have one of these dildos as does my mate they have also paid for advertising on the forum :D

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=70517

:shock:

I'm not shocked at Stu's dildo fetish Six.......the signs were all there with that Benidorm gay festival a few years ago.

It's only a small step from gay festivals to using mailorder items for the purpose of rectum stretching.

It's legit!

I have have one of these dildos as does my mate they have also paid for advertising on the forum :D

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=70517

:shock:

I'm not shocked at Stu's dildo fetish Six.......the signs were all there with that Benidorm gay festival a few years ago.

It's only a small step from gay festivals to using mailorder items for the purpose of rectum stretching.

Hope some one starts sending some pm's for some free lube .... Stretching sounds painful

I just got PM'ed from someone who said that they want to send me their product for free so that I can review it. It sounds suspicious, but I can't see what the angle is. Stranger things have happened.

What ? PM'ed from someone on this forum ?

What ? PM'ed from someone on this forum ?

About dildos apparently Bob!

It's what these Millennials get up to as I understand it.

There were no dildos on the Boomers watch that's for sure!

I think [mention]Six30[/mention] is Gen X so he'll have to confirm their position on this!

It is legit, I was invited and have one to review.

All they asked for was my email address so they could Paypal the funds to purchase the cover on Amazon, and by using amazon lockers for delivery I didn't have to give my address, so I had no reason for concern :thumb:

It is legit, I was invited and have one to review.

All they asked for was my email address so they could Paypal the funds to purchase the cover on Amazon, and by using amazon lockers for delivery I didn't have to give my address, so I had no reason for concern :thumb:

So has anyone reviewed one yet? I was also asked but as I don't do PayPal could not proceed. I'd be interested to know how good or otherwise they are. My current cover - sold by Oxford - is crap. Less than a year old and all the tape off the seams have detached. Still more or less waterproof but looks not good.

So has anyone reviewed one yet? I was also asked but as I don't do PayPal could not proceed. I'd be interested to know how good or otherwise they are. My current cover - sold by Oxford - is crap. Less than a year old and all the tape off the seams have detached. Still more or less waterproof but looks not good.

I have not reviewed it yet, I am waiting to see how it deals with an overnight downpour.

It's pretty good for the price I guess, the elastic and 3 clipping points make it really easy to get it secure over the bike without loads of sagging, I didn't even need the extra strap that came with it. However, considering how much the listing boasts about it's "thick 100% waterproof material" I was disappointed to find it was considerably thinner than expected and the instructions suggest you keep the bike indoors during heavy downpour.

I don't have a garage so have to store my bike down the side of the house and need a good waterproof cover. It may surprise me, so I will hold my verdict until I can properly test it in all weathers so as to give a detailed and fair review.

I have not reviewed it yet, I am waiting to see how it deals with an overnight downpour.

It's pretty good for the price I guess, the elastic and 3 clipping points make it really easy to get it secure over the bike without loads of sagging, I didn't even need the extra strap that came with it. However, considering how much the listing boasts about it's "thick 100% waterproof material" I was disappointed to find it was considerably thinner than expected and the instructions suggest you keep the bike indoors during heavy downpour.

I don't have a garage so have to store my bike down the side of the house and need a good waterproof cover. It may surprise me, so I will hold my verdict until I can properly test it in all weathers so as to give a detailed and fair review.

This is what annoys me about so many so called reviews you find online, hardly any of them have had a product for more than 5 minutes before they give their opinion " what a pretty box i will give it 5 stars" end of review, a proper review needs at least a few months of use before it can be given a good or bad rating,

Kudos for the honesty - rare, especially with free produ ts to review. Hit it with a hose!

Same here - it's a good fit especially with the large top box on the Honda. Snug enough not to flap around but not too tight so it's a struggle to fit. I'm also waiting to see how waterproof it is - which ought to get tested today as it's chucking it down. The material seems pretty robust. I'm at one of our local hospitals later so plan to take the cover in the top box and put it over the bike whilst I'm there - I hate coming back to a wet seat.

My one area of concern is how well it copes with not hazing paintwork. I've known people fit cover that move with the wind and cause very fine marks on paintwork. Not an issue on the Honda but I'd be miffed if the Bobber's tank got marked. As a winter cover for the Bobber whilst in the garage I guess I'd put a towel over the tank to make sure. It would keep a lot of dust and spider crap off it.

For the price of them I'd be pretty pleased if I'd paid for it.

Be interesting to hear how everyone gets on with it. Wouldn’t mind one for review myself ;)

I too do not have a garage so my bike is living outside until I can get a shed put in the garden which may or may not be before winter sets in. Oxford cover is already becoming less waterproof by the day

It is easy to test if is waterproof, no need to wait for months of rain, just water hose and 30 min of your time.

What I use to do before when I kept my bike outside, use two covers, water never went through both of them.