Tall rider 125s

Ewok.to.remember

Well folks, it's that time in somebody's life where we ask that age-old question; what 125cc bikes are suitable for taller riders?

I've seen the question asked many times but nothing awfully recent, so I've thrown myself in to refresh the pool. I'm about to turn 17, I have my CBT, and I'm 6'3" (with a bit of growth left in the tank). Assume that my budget is about £60 and a packet of Quavers. Any advice on which direction to go for my first bike?

Yup, Vatadero. Don't buy Chinese.

No don't buy chinese you will be hugely disappointed, everytime i take my Xena out i get so frustrated and disappointed that i can't have more fun and enjoyment than she already gives me, buy something old and that's had a hard life :thumb: :cheers:

Yup, Vatadero. Don't buy Chinese.

No don't buy chinese you will be hugely disappointed, everytime i take my Xena out i get so frustrated and disappointed that i can't have more fun and enjoyment than she already gives me, buy something old and that's had a hard life :thumb: :cheers:

I suspect that you are being sarcastic but nonetheless I completely agree with the view expressed .

You know me too well [mention]fastbob[/mention] :lol:

but seriously there are merits for both sides of the argument, i agree that if buying new, chinese is not a viable option in the short term you will lose money, long term ownership is where the benefits are with regular maintenance and looking after, buying older also has it's pitfalls, and there are some wrecks out there for the unwary, most 125's are a stepping stone on the road to bigger bikes, and most have been heavily used and abused but they hold there value and in the short term will get you through to the other side of the road, where the big bikes are, you will need to decide on what you want to achieve in terms of gaining a full licence and how long you aim to take in getting it, the bike is only the start or in most cases the last thing to consider :thumb:

Chinese bikes are great until it all goes Pete Tong and the parts/manuals aren't available to fix it and the forums are full of 'serves you right for not buying Jap' comments on all the help threads. :lol:

Seriously, buy Jap and buy sensibly and you can get your money back if you change your mind or want to upgrade. I bought a WR125X, rode it for 3 months and sold it for more than I paid and it covered tax, insurance, fuel, etc and enough left over for a pack of biscuits - and we love biscuits here!