what group rode through Rothwell today

billy sugger

Were they on Harleys wearing hi-viz "Road Captain" jackets?

They are the only ones Ive seen who will block a roundabout and it's a diabolical practice IMO that's asking for trouble when they block the wrong car driver.

Squires cafe is near by, maybe on the way to it,

Anyway big bunch of tosses blocking the road, that’s why the rest of us (normal people), get judged and hated.

In some way I am jealous because I would like to have riding group, must be fun, but I am terrified of group riding.

Tried few times but wasn’t relaxed,

Sounds like the obnoxious behaviour practiced by the Sportster Sickness FB group . It's called a Marshalled Ride but they don't seem to feel the need to ask permission to block off roads . I am actually a member but there's no way I'm ever going to participate in this antisocial stupidity . I joined to exchange technical knowledge but most of the members just seen interested in modifying their bikes so that they all look the same . I can't help thinking that the name was chosen so that they can refer to it as the SS . I do hope not .

I got loads of nasty looks from pedestrians and car users as I passed, I assume they thought I was a tail- ender of the group. the queue must have been a mile long out of Rothwell due to their antics. Did not see any in hi viz, but they were all big bikes, certainly bigger than my 600