New Bike

manxie49

Is this one if those spot the difference competitions ? 😁 Great bike , enjoy .

I know what you're saying, not sure why it posted 2 photos but if I delete one it deletes the other! :? 1st to admit I know F--- all about computers :thumb:

Glad you like it! I didn't like the colours originally but saw it in the dealer the tiger day and was a convert! Unique. Enjoy. Any questions just ask.

Cheers Geofferz and thanks for the input and advice on my last thread :thumb:

Lovely bike!

How do you rate the panniers?

Are they hard or soft, waterproof,stable?

How do they attach?

Cheers.

Panniers will be fine for a long weekend, semi rigid in construction and come with waterproof liners for your clothes, as they supply waterproof liner with them I'm going to assume that they're not waterproof, as a precaution I've treated them with Nikwax water repellant spray. I rode with them on today, very stable, in fact I didn't even know they were there. Three metal attachment lugs on a steel frame, locked with a key into position, easy to take off and on, can fit a helmet inside well. They're pretty unobtrusive and don't get in the way when filtering.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you like it! I didn't like the colours originally but saw it in the dealer the other day and was a convert! Unique. Enjoy. Any questions just ask.

Hey Geofferz, what type of tyre pressure gauge are you using for the front wheel?? I have three in the garage and none of them will get into the valve and make a decent seal to check the pressure

get a bent valve adapter saves a whole load of messing about

https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/bike-it-90-degree-valve-extension/39493.htm

51523-bike-it-90-degree-valve-extension-01.jpg

[mention]manxie49[/mention] If Dynax's suggestion is any good, I can post you a spare one I've got that I don't use. PM if you want it.

@manxie49 If Dynax's suggestion is any good, I can post you a spare one I've got that I don't use. PM if you want it.

Thanks Smithers, offer greatly appreciated, my brother is having a look to see if he has one in the garage, I'll see what he's got first :thumb:

Cheers Dynax, never even though of this .... Do you leave these on or just put them on when checking tyre pressures?

Just use them when checking otherwise it will throw out the balance of the wheel :thumb:

Cheers Dynax, never even though of this .... Do you leave these on or just put them on when checking tyre pressures?

Just use them when checking otherwise it will throw out the balance of the wheel :thumb:

Cheers Dynax