Eifel Mountains 2019

Gerontious

Made it in one piece... And Bonio turned up to say hello, but he's only staying here tonight and going home tomorrow. Had a meal at the beefeater and a tad squiffy. Told the guys to be at the MacD at 7 and leaving 7:45. See how that pans out.

And so to bed.

Great that bonio came out to play for a bit too. Hopefully the m20 closure didn't cause any issues with getting to the tunnel.

I'm still going for a ride out today but sadly its to go to work not the schloss.

All going well here internet is very limited so can't upload much.

Here's a link to Wednesday's ride which would have ended in a lap of the nurburgring however a spell of rain made it look damp and didn't want to risk Binning it down the track.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vZqNNXYzJGq

And a pic of Smallfrowne from 2013 and 2019 at the same location, something's just don't change :mrgreen:

IMG_20190911_234652.thumb.jpg.13ba587498a9ac4f6585beae149a83a4.jpg

I'm in recovery.

Too much Schnitzel. (pork x2 and Turkey with Hunters sauce). Wild Boar (OMG). Beer. Cake. Bread and a distinct lack of Froop. of course the icing on the cake was getting all whimsical about the B50 and L4 after leaving the (ever cautious) pair behind on the M20, getting all (expletive removed) over the return to shoddy roads and bad drivers. Completely lost in thought I ended up going through the wrong bloody tunnel. Not at Dartford. Bloody hell.. I thought, why am I suddenly in Greenwich on what looks horribly like the southern approach to the sodding Blackwall tunnel.

You'll be pleased to learn.. we are going back to the Schloss next year. we had a vote and it was unanimous, the Alps can wait. We are also going to think (over winter) about having a few more days. maybe 10 total (including travel) which will depend largely on the Nordschleife tourist day calendar, but theres plenty of time to reach some consensus.

The week was a hoot. And Frowne didn't break down though to compensate he had a very nasty habit of removing his seat at least 5 times daily. sometimes, I'm sure, just to gaze longingly at his under used tools.

God to hear folk had a good time and got home safe.

Can Someone tell me what mix of bikes went on the trip. :D

Yamaha TRX750

Early 90s VFR 750

2019 BMW GSA 1250

5yr old VFR 1200? maybe.

2018 Africa Twin.

In the past there have been all sorts of bikes and none were problematic.

Honda CBR500R restricted.

Aprilia Shiver 750

Yamaha R1

Deauville.

Kawasaki race bike.. not sure what type (igloos previous)

Fireblade.

Older R1100GS

Bmw 1200GS and GSA

Triumph street triple

Yet another VFR

BMW R1100S x2

Another large capacity sports bike whose type escapes me.

The only prerequisite is that the bike can manage motorway speeds. can carry a bit of luggage. few changes of clothes. 30L is enough. 50L which i took, turned out to be more than enough and has a tank range of at least 150 miles. and can corner. (there are a lot of corners) and it helps if its comfy enough to do the trip.. or can be made comfortable. we usually never ride more than about 70 miles without a rest stop. and that is often tied in with a fuel stop if necessary. And finally that has tyre life and service life of at least 2000 miles. which depends on location in the UK. how far you are from Folkestone. Some of the bikes had dedicated luggage.. but most did not. throwovers or a bag strapped to the pillion.

God to hear folk had a good time and got home safe.

Can Someone tell me what mix of bikes went on the trip. :D

than enough and has a tank range of at least 150 miles. and

That's me out - I can't get more than 100 from mine