bloody ebay!!! GRRRRRRRR

Bhawk

Well i thought id splash out and get an orange chain for the bike, to accentuate the colour scheme. It turned up within two days which i was impressed with. So tonight i stripped the bike down (put new tyres on while i was at it) and went to fit the chain.

The chain was sold as a chain and sprocket kit for yamaha thundercat. The chain is too thin to even sit on the sprockets that came with the kit! and it was 6" too short.

I need the bike on the road, the old chains knackered and now i have no bike until the seller responds!

Am i being stupid and missing something, please tell me i am!

chain1.thumb.jpg.c546ed6aae92cf6f99f89ef85e0df288.jpg

chain2.thumb.jpg.18b40b69e7ad2ffd906f47338c00ec37.jpg

chain3.thumb.jpg.03b1b9bdcf5a7c820c6c88f5bfc11786.jpg

chain4.thumb.jpg.599f0b73df899cf3ed9d5f4f0a2f3e77.jpg

Well i thought id splash out and get an orange chain for the bike, to accentuate the colour scheme. It turned up within two days which i was impressed with. So tonight i stripped the bike down (put new tyres on while i was at it) and went to fit the chain.

The chain was sold as a chain and sprocket kit for yamaha thundercat. The chain is too thin to even sit on the sprockets that came with the kit! and it was 6" too short.

I need the bike on the road, the old chains knackered and now i have no bike until the seller responds!

Am i being stupid and missing something, please tell me i am!

Wouldn't call you stupid but you've experienced why I rarely buy anything on eBay anymore. Difficult to get redress and no guarantee that the quality of what you are buying is what you think it is. Caveat emptor and all that.

eBay buyer protection is pretty good to be fair. If the seller doesn't resolve the issue start a case against them. Last thing they want is bad feedback.

Meanwhile maybe but another from another seller.

eBay buyer protection is pretty good to be fair. If the seller doesn't resolve the issue start a case against them. Last thing they want is bad feedback.

👆🏽

I launched a case the other day (you have to wait for about a week's non-response - make sure you message them through the eBay system for proof), I had the cash back in my PayPal within a couple of days.

👆🏽

I launched a case the other day (you have to wait for about a week's non-response - make sure you message them through the eBay system for proof), I had the cash back in my PayPal within a couple of days.

This is the right thing to do. Ebay is weighted heavily in favour of the buyer. Start by opening a case; just make sure that you write clearly how the thing you've received can't be described as a chain and sprocket set, since the chain doesn't fit the sprocket, and it can't be said to be for a Thundercat, since it's chain is too short for the swing arm.

Probably what's happened is that the person packing it has picked up the wrong chain and sent it by mistake, so it could be you get a replacement sent. If not, you should get a refund, and if the seller doesn't do one or other of these, then ebay will take the money out of their account and refund it to you without even asking them.

You should be able to open the case today, no need to wait, given that you've received something that doesn't match the description.

It's a pain when eBay crap lives up to what you've come to expect. But personally I prefer the method of talking to a human being and handing them cash in exchange for new toys to play with. If the bits don't work it's so much easier to sort out.

It's a pain when eBay crap lives up to what you've come to expect. But personally I prefer the method of talking to a human being and handing them cash in exchange for new toys to play with. If the bits don't work it's so much easier to sort out.

I'm with you on that. Maybe it's a generational thing but I like to handle things before I buy or at least see them. Somehow its more satisfying and you can interact with a human being. The exception for me is ebooks. I have loads of them but that's mainly because I can't nip into my regular bookshop when I'm out at sea.

I find that eBay is weighted so heavily in favour of the buyer that it's almost uncanny . Make the slightest criticism of a product and you get a prompt refund AND get to keep the item . You've just got the wrong chain , shit happens . Don't blame eBay . Talk to the seller and send them your pictures .

I had a look at your chain specs . As standard your bike should have a 532 chain but this is nearly always superceded by a 530 conversion ( with appropriate sprockets ) I see from the pics that you have received a 520 chain . So that's why it doesn't fit .

I find that eBay is weighted so heavily in favour of the buyer that it's almost uncanny . Make the slightest criticism of a product and you get a prompt refund AND get to keep the item . You've just got the wrong chain , shit happens . Don't blame eBay . Talk to the seller and send them your pictures .

Totally agree with [mention]fastbob[/mention] on this subject, I've sold a few items on Ebay over the years, and just the other week had a case opened against me.

This is the description of article I was selling.

CLASSIC BIKE SEPTEMBER 1991

DUCATI 250 AND 450 DESMO SINGLES

YAMAHA TD1 PRODUCTION RACER

AJW GREY FOX

CLASSICS TO BUY BSA 500 AND 650 PRE UNIT TWINS

+ MUCH MORE.

Hi bidding is for the above magazine not in bad condition but may have a few mark's on cover or inside.

Any questions please e-mail.