Headlight Advice

Breadsnapper

Headlight on my 1998 Honda CBR 600 is poor to say the least. I out a new halogen bulb in and it's still not great. I was thinking of getting a new HID setup as it seems straight forward. The hardest bit is getting a company in the UK who do the full kits. Lots of companies say they do but then don't have them in stock. So anyone recommend a company that does the HID kits or should I stick with normal bulbs but use a higher end make?

I imagine a full led setup would be better ( possibly cheaper too)

Also, I vaguely recall reading that aftermarket hid systems are now an automatic mot fail. I might be wrong on that so best to search it or speak to an mot tester.

lifted from the .Gov website.. (snip)

It is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bulbs

in full here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/aftermarket-hid-headlamps/aftermarket-hid-headlamps

Headlight on my 1998 Honda CBR 600 is poor to say the least. I out a new halogen bulb in and it's still not great. I was thinking of getting a new HID setup as it seems straight forward. The hardest bit is getting a company in the UK who do the full kits. Lots of companies say they do but then don't have them in stock. So anyone recommend a company that does the HID kits or should I stick with normal bulbs but use a higher end make?

Hi,

Earlier this year i fitted an H4 Led bulb - https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/products/latest-led-headlight-h4-motorcycle?_pos=1&_sid=7326a2ef5&_ss=r

I have had cheep once before which were rubbish. This was £39 but it is worth it. The light output is superb with a clean cut off beam. I had my MOT with this bulb in August and it passed without any problem as the beam pattern is perfect.

Big improvement over standard bulb and uses a fraction of the power also,

I advise you not to be tempted by cheap Chinese cr@p LEDs - I've tried a few and they have been awful.

Buy cheap buy twice

It's 'buy on price, buy twice' - no one ever gets it right!

This is exactly what I said to SWMBO last night in Asda. Wagon wheel were reduced. So I was morally obliged to buy two packs. They were the ones with jam in as well :cheers:

Buy cheap buy twice

It's 'buy on price, buy twice' - no one ever gets it right!

This is exactly what I said to SWMBO last night in Asda. Wagon wheel were reduced. So I was morally obliged to buy two packs. They were the ones with jam in as well :cheers:

Wagon wheels with jam? That's proper middle class.