Mad Cyclist

Lanceautoman

On ride home tonight from Manchester through rush hour traffic I was behind a cyclist for a while who went through every rednlight without stopping and had what sounded like a rape alarm on his handlebars which he pressed whilst filtering. He also interspersed filtering with riding on the pavement. He was riding about 5 feet from the kerb in the middle of the inside lane and weaving. I eventually over took and as I did he purposely swerved closer to me and sounded his rape alarm. A few minutes later he pulled along side me at traffic lights swearing and pointing to his helmet cam shouting that he was putting me on YouTube and that I'd get 3 points for reckless riding. After we exchanged pleasantries he then went through the red and turned off.

I guess he didn't realise that the highway code applies to cyclists aswell then

Or Mini drivers by the way.

Mr Lycra sounds like he's got a few issues to deal with. I can recommend a good therapist for those suffering from small willy syndrome.

F-----g law unto themselves! I was parked at traffic lights a while ago, one filtered past me on the left, hit my wing mirror pushing it in then bounced up on the pavement to ride on through the red light, didn't even stop to say sorry. I've even seen a Police car sat at lights and witness a cyclist ride through red lights but did nothing, it seems to me that road traffic law doesn't apply to them. Being pragmatic I'm sure it's only a handful of them, but they wonder why people don't like them!

I couldn't care less. I see plenty of law breaking every single day I go out. 99% by 4 wheel drivers. 0.9% other bikers. 0.1% cyclists.

So, hardly an issue. Just another hazard to avoid. I worry far more about phone addicted pedestrians stepping into the road, more interested in Facebook or whatever it is than the odd cyclist with a death wish who doesn't think the rules of the road apply to them. Just something to steer round and get past.

Its all very well saying 99% of 4 wheel drivers break the law every day and only 0.1% of cyclists. At least 98% of the 4 wheeled drivers are registered and insured so can be held accountable if they damage you or your car. All cyclist are totally untraceable and uninsured. If cyclists damage your car, they dont give a toss and you have no way of claiming back off of them for your loss, as mentioned above with the wing mirror. If all 4 wheel drivers and motorcyclists were to go through red lights or hit other vehicles they would soon have a fine to pay and points on their licence or the police on their doorstep for not stopping at an accident.

Only a couple of weeks ago I saw a cyclist, come along a cycle lane, going too fast for his left hand turn, went wide and hit a brand new Audi parked on the side of the road and fell off his bike. He got up, saw the big long scratch and the dent of the passenger door. Picked up his bike and rode off into the sunset. If he had been registered then at least you would have something to report to the police.

What a dick . And cyclists complain WHY DOESN'T ANY ONE LIKE US ..

Well.done tomyou for not putting your helmet into his face as I would have ..

To be fair I don’t think I’ve ever heard a cyclist complaining about no one liking them.

Blokes a w**ker none the less.