Mechanical help !

Joev

Hi , riding my 2000 aprilia rsv mille last week when something went pop and sounded like a tractor. One pipe had come off airbox and both ht leads had come off and one was destroyed.

Put pipe back and decent lead back tried restarting a few times still sounded bad and spark plug had popped out ! New plugs and ht leads ,started fine but within 30secs oil level just disappeared

Switched off bike and level hasn't come back . What's happening

I'm sorry but I don't believe a word of this gobbledygook . A spark plug "popped out " ? So did you have to buy a gasket set to replace the cylinder after it was Helicoiled ? All the oil disappeared in 30 seconds ? Where to ? Forgive my incredulity but this sounds made up for a laugh. Let's see some pictures of this catastrophic failure .

I'm sorry but I don't believe a word of this gobbledygook . A spark plug "popped out " ? So did you have to buy a gasket set to replace the cylinder after it was Helicoiled ?

[mention]Joev[/mention] don't mind fastbob - he's a lovely guy really, just took offence to your use of the word 'tractor'

sounded like a tractor.

The oil level might be restored by synchronising the transporter's annular confinement beam to the warp core frequency. :thumb:

That would work as long as the iridium crystals in the warp core haven't been contaminated, any contamination will change the frequency of the crystals and as the level of contamination cannot be measured for each crystal in the core, there is a good chance that the core will have multiple frequencies therefore synchronising would be impossible :cheers:

The oil level might be restored by synchronising the transporter's annular confinement beam to the warp core frequency. :thumb:

That would work as long as the iridium crystals in the warp core haven't been contaminated, any contamination will change the frequency of the crystals and as the level of contamination cannot be measured for each crystal in the core, there is a good chance that the core will have multiple frequencies therefore synchronising would be impossible :cheers:

Good work dynax, I overlooked that possibility.

I thought warp cores used dilithium (Li6) crystals rather than iridium.

I thought warp cores used dilithium (Li6) crystals rather than iridium.

Quite correct :thumb: got mixed up a bit as i was experimenting with a new alloy using iridium :cheers: