Back pain

Fleck

Been a longer ride on the scooter today, 20 min run into the local town and back. The scooter has always felt uncomfortable with nothing between my legs and I'm tensed up a bit holding myself on.

Anyway got lower back ache now. Is this normal with a scooter? Or perhaps I'm not scooter fit :)

🛵 Honda Vision 110cc

i once had a honda c90 and going round a corner one day i ended up sat on the frame between the seat and the knee guards and i was used to having a tank between my knees anyway i didnt have it much longer after that, and a few weeks after i sold it i saw another guy do exactly the same thing :roll:

She wants to go again tomorrow :roll: I think I'll try and relax more on it, sit on it like a slob and let my knees stick out. If I'm on my own I use the back foot pegs and sit back a bit and it's much better... I nearly enjoy riding it then :shock: :thumb:

i once had a honda c90 and going round a corner one day i ended up sat on the frame between the seat and the knee guards and i was used to having a tank between my knees anyway i didnt have it much longer after that, and a few weeks after i sold it i saw another guy do exactly the same thing

This is why you need a handbag you put the handbag between the frame and seat . . Not to high up or you wont get the wind on your vagina ...

Lol sorry had to ha ha

Like Mississippi said if you've got back pain don't ignore it. I hurt my lower back years ago and it still plagues me. Your lower back (Lumber Vertebra) can be described as the bodies load carrier, prone to injury, most back pain is due to poor posture, which is probably what it is with riding the scoot. See a physio for advice and consider wearing a lower back support, Dainese do quite a good one, not expensive and helps a lot, try not to allow yourself the luxury of slouching in the saddle, this will aggravate the crap out of your lower back and if you get chance, stop signs and lights, stand up and have a stretch, works wonders. :thumb:

She wants to go again tomorrow :roll: I think I'll try and relax more on it, sit on it like a slob and let my knees stick out. If I'm on my own I use the back foot pegs and sit back a bit and it's much better... I nearly enjoy riding it then :shock: :thumb:

I can understand why you would have a tendency to tense up on a scooter . There's very little to keep you in position except the grips , your arse and your feet .

Do you wear assless chaps on your scoot? That could contribute to a pain in the lumber region especially if you visit the wrong type of biker establishments. :D

Do you wear assless chaps on your scoot? That could contribute to a pain in the lumber region especially if you visit the wrong type of biker establishments. :D

Had to Google assless chaps and wasn't confident it would bring anything up :lol: . But sure enough, I now know what they are :thumb: I'll be sure not to buy any now thanks :)

Been out on scoot again today and back is ok, must have jarred it yesterday 🙄

Guest Richzx6r

Had to Google assless chaps and wasn't confident it would bring anything up :lol: . But sure enough, I now know what they are :thumb: I'll be sure not to buy any now thanks :)

Been out on scoot again today and back is ok, must have jarred it yesterday 🙄

Maybe just getting old

'just getting old'! ... that's exactly what my doctor told me! I've been a couple of times to see my doctor and after checking me over he tells me it's old age! Says a bit of physio might help. After a couple of months waiting for a physio appointment I've been had a couple of sessions now and things are quite a bit better. It's about strengthening up the torso and surrounding muscles to help take the strain so I don't rely too much on my 'old' back. I still get back ache now and again so I take a pain killer. As many stops as it takes to stay comfortable when I'm out on a bike run.