Flat footed

HDSoph

Hi all advice please

Ive done mod1 about to do mod 2 once passed got a 1200s sportster.

Learnt to ride 125 shadow , then on a Honda 600 hornet.

Had the seat modified , still not flat footed.

Balls of my foot are down.

Stationary will be able to have one foot flat with a slight lean.

Is being flat footed the be all or end all ?

I can’t adjust bike anymore it’s lowered can’t adjust as bracket will hit the rear tyre.

I need advice .5ft1 just and 10 stone.

So short and dumpy lol

Any help be great

On my bike I can get one foot flat or have both feet with only the balls of my feet in contact. Generally it's not a problem. What I will say is be careful if you are on a slope - make sure you put the uphill foot down and have your slight lean uphill. It is SO embarrassing if you try and put the downhill foot down and find that by the time your foot reaches the ground the bike has tilted so far that it keeps on going and you slowly subside to the ground. I speak from personal experience.

Guest Richzx6r

I was abit like that on the tiger today, I'm only 5'10 and the dseat on the tiger was such that I could just get 2 feet on the balls of my feet but 1 foot flat with a slight lean but I wouldn't call it a deal breaker necessarily though it would be quite high on the list of cons for buying the bike

On my bike I can get one foot flat or have both feet with only the balls of my feet in contact. Generally it's not a problem. What I will say is be careful if you are on a slope - make sure you put the uphill foot down and have your slight lean uphill. It is SO embarrassing if you try and put the downhill foot down and find that by the time your foot reaches the ground the bike has tilted so far that it keeps on going and you slowly subside to the ground. I speak from personal experience.

Who did not experienced something like that.............it will sooner or later :crybaby:

Nah the bike is already lowered.

If we adjust anymore the bracket will rub against the back tyre.

I had some foam out seat cost £130 to do not much LOL

Ive brought some chunky HD leather boots, hoping that will give me the extra inch i need LOL.

Hate being short how annoying, frustrating when I see other sporties they look tiny compared to mine. ( but they usually chopped so always look smaller)

Determined to ride this bike , sat on in the weight was OK just wanna be more flat footed.

Ill give it a go once passed MOD2 shall see how i cope,.

If i can't hack it will have to get a smaller bike with lower seat me think i knw the honda shadow has low seat height, but they jsut don't sound as good as a harley to me ( not knocking)

Then you have the entry level honda rebel 500 as complete back up

We shall see mod 2 next week gotta get that out the way"!

Nah the bike is already lowered.

If we adjust anymore the bracket will rub against the back tyre.

I had some foam out seat cost £130 to do not much LOL

Ive brought some chunky HD leather boots, hoping that will give me the extra inch i need LOL.

Hate being short how annoying, frustrating when I see other sporties they look tiny compared to mine. ( but they usually chopped so always look smaller)

Determined to ride this bike , sat on in the weight was OK just wanna be more flat footed.

Ill give it a go once passed MOD2 shall see how i cope,.

If i can't hack it will have to get a smaller bike with lower seat me think i knw the honda shadow has low seat height, but they jsut don't sound as good as a harley to me ( not knocking)

Then you have the entry level honda rebel 500 as complete back up

We shall see mod 2 next week gotta get that out the way"!

Greetings from a fellow Sportster owner . Can you post a picture of it so that I can offer any suggestions as to lowering it any further ? Do you have forward pegs by the way ?

Edited by fastbob

As long as you feel comfortable and in control while stationary then I don’t see there is an issue.

If you need to maneuver your bike, then jump off and walk it.

Most people drop their bikes while sitting on them and paddling.

I’m 5’7” and own a Versys 1K. Never had an issue keeping the bike upright while stationary. If both feet are down then I’m in the balls of my feet. If I slide over a touch then I can plant my left foot on the deck with a straight leg and the bike is only leaning about 1 or 2 degrees.

I don’t get the mindset of flat footing.

As long as you feel comfortable and in control while stationary then I don’t see there is an issue.

If you need to maneuver your bike, then jump off and walk it.

Most people drop their bikes while sitting on them and paddling.

I’m 5’7” and own a Versys 1K. Never had an issue keeping the bike upright while stationary. If both feet are down then I’m in the balls of my feet. If I slide over a touch then I can plant my left foot on the deck with a straight leg and the bike is only leaning about 1 or 2 degrees.

I don’t get the mindset of flat footing.

Same here, I'm also 5'7" and in 20 years never had a bike that allowed me to put my feet down flat. Tip toes is fine for me but it does mean carefully reading the road surface ahead when about to stop. As stated above, if the road slopes down to the left I put my right foot down and vice versa.

I think the issue is often about confidence with new riders. I was the same, being only 5'6" and I still regard seat height as a crucial issue in bike selection.

Balls of the feet are generally fine, but it does mean that you have to be very aware of slopes and cambers, always thinking ahead about how and where you bring the bike to a stop. The more you ride, though, the more it'll become second nature to you.

@fastbob

I’ve got the 1200s it’s got mids on it.

We can’t adjust anymore j don’t think it’s a joke 😂😂😂

I’m going to have to suck it up

1200 S is a very desirable Sportster to have .

tbf mine is lush

Low miles 1200S Purple it is amazing which is why i want to keep.

in good nick as well.

Carb model 2 . I really want to try and ride this beast LOL

Not looking forward to Mod 2 in the rain :S

421884042_kitty1.thumb.PNG.ad879713daf71ee30415776d028d456a.PNG

604056158_kitty2.thumb.PNG.cf6a2d9fd446f4177c0962c1fde3caad.PNG

tbf mine is lush

in good nick as well.

Nice bike , I reckon with care and perseverance you'll be ok .

tbf mine is lush

in good nick as well.

Nice bike , I reckon with care and perseverance you'll be ok . The shocks are non original and definitely look quite short so no scope for much lowering there . This is what it would have looked like new .

PhotoEditor_20190923_190717156.thumb.jpg.50c45a849c74e0ebe90a1a83e157e934.jpg