Oops

Six30

I was wandering round our local motorcycle emporium the other day and it struck me that there are some amazing machines made available for us to play with. Some of them are clearly based on a retro design that in my view will still look great 20 years from now. But I do wonder if the modern insectoid predator look is going to date very very quickly.

I was wandering round our local motorcycle emporium the other day and it struck me that there are some amazing machines made available for us to play with. Some of them are clearly based on a retro design that in my view will still look great 20 years from now. But I do wonder if the modern insectoid predator look is going to date very very quickly.

Insectoid predator , a perfect description , well put sir . I suppose one good thing about this style is that if you crash it nobody will notice the damage . 😁

I happen to rather like my insectoid predator. When I decided to return to biking it caught my eye straight away and the rest is history. TBH I'm not a fan of lots of chrome and wire wheels mainly because I am a lazy bast*rd and keeping them shiny is far too much like hard work. A twice yearly application of ACF and a quick wipe down and I'm good.

I happen to rather like my insectoid predator. When I decided to return to biking it caught my eye straight away and the rest is history. TBH I'm not a fan of lots of chrome and wire wheels mainly because I am a lazy bast*rd and keeping them shiny is far too much like hard work. A twice yearly application of ACF and a quick wipe down and I'm good.

Just for you .

PhotoEditor_20190927_143454532.jpg.b676531b376d5aa95c06d32bd54b4126.jpg

About an hour once a month for a full wash and clean and a thorough polishing, 10-15mins once a week for a quick polish up including the chrome wire wheels :lol:

Yes......like the angular 80's styles look weird now.

Whereas what retros do exist are always based on 70's designs!

And in my eyes those 70,s Japanese bikes seem to be paying homage to the British bikes of an even earlier era if you look at some of the styling queues .

What they won't be able to recreate is that 2-stroke era.

20180520_104344-2064x1548.thumb.jpg.288354833050321d39fc432852b07a4b.jpg

Went for this one ,deposit paid , pick it up Saturday , will have tail tidy fitted :D

I have officially banned my self from viewing bikes on line and most definately entering motorbike shops for the next 3 or 4 years ......

maybe 2 :?

image.thumb.png.d32cc6e79b3f46946b1b5c4f28a7ea3a.png