New Michelin road 5 ....GT!

Pbassred

well that adds some (more) confusion. I have a Pilot Road 4 on the rear and was going to by a Pilot road 5 on the front. Then I found out that they dropped the "pilot" from the title. Then I found out that the have just added a GT version for "heavy touring bikes". What does that even mean? Bikes that weigh a lot or bikes that tour heavily? Is there a downside?

I have a CBR500R. Not particularly heavy or powerful but I'm commuting just over 1000 miles a month. So "GT" or plain?

well that adds some (more) confusion. I have a Pilot Road 4 on the rear and was going to by a Pilot road 5 on the front. Then I found out that they dropped the "pilot" from the title. Then I found out that the have just added a GT version for "heavy touring bikes". What does that even mean? Bikes that weigh a lot or bikes that tour heavily? Is there a downside?

I have a CBR500R. Not particularly heavy or powerful but I'm commuting just over 1000 miles a month. So "GT" or plain?

They make it fairly clear what bikes this tyre is aimed at and they give examples.

machines like the BMW R 1200 RT, BMW K 1600 GT, YAMAHA FJR 1300, HONDA PAN EUROPEAN 1300, KAWASAKI 1400 GTR, TRIUMPH TROPHY 1200

but there shouldn't be any adverse effects using them on a 500. but, probably best on the rear. or waiting until you can fit a matching pair.

I would hazard a guess that it will be 'heavier' than the standard 5, which is itself a stunning tyre.

:stupid:

Stick with the standard 5.

There is no additional benefit to using on your bike and as Fro says it may have an adverse effect on the ride. My GSF1250 tourer doesn’t even make the recommended list of bikes .