I love the smell of napalm in the rainforest...

MarkW

Dear Greta,

Just wanted to run this by you as the whole world seems to value your opinion these days.

I was a bit concerned over my carbon footprint so decided to change from using tea bags to loose leaf tea.

With this change I figured the saving would allow me to continue riding my RGV ; l calculated one saved tea bag would be worth one mile of riding my 2 stroke race rep. By the end of the month I should be able to do about 30 miles, I'll then switch it off and push it home.

It must be really tough being this green, I bet you can't wipe your arse without someone pointing out that 20 rare Peruvian Otters died to make that roll of Andrex?

In the meantime,get a real job,pay your taxes and scrape a living like the rest of us.

All the best,

Ian.

Thanks [mention]Bianco2564[/mention] your post reminded me i need to get some 2T oil for my garden tools, garden is like a jungle and is in need of some serious deforestation :lol: Greta get you some of this :booty:

Humanity as a species is very reluctant to accept change. Whether it's their personal environment, culture, politics or whatever.

Example - governments spend billions trying to regulate rivers so that they don't flood. In the process they usually cause environmental mayhem and when the rivers escape their confines you get floods which are then the fault of someone.

Climates have been constantly changing throughout the history of this planet - ice ages? It warms up and it cools down. Species come and go, sometimes in mass extinctions but usually not. Now we have a situation where climate is changing and yes probably faster than it would have thanks to the activity of human beings. Stamp out pollution whether it be of the seas or the atmosphere - a cleaner environment is to everyone's benefit. But be prepared to live in a warmer climate, you will not be able to turn back the clock. To try and make us all live in some pre-technology fantasy world is not going to work. Try it and say hello to mass unemployment and starvation. Of course the greatly reduced population would probably be seen as a plus by the eco warriors as I suspect they plan on being among the chosen few.

Rant over.

Humanity as a species is very reluctant to accept change. Whether it's their personal environment, culture, politics or whatever.

Example - governments spend billions trying to regulate rivers so that they don't flood. In the process they usually cause environmental mayhem and when the rivers escape their confines you get floods which are then the fault of someone.

Climates have been constantly changing throughout the history of this planet - ice ages? It warms up and it cools down. Species come and go, sometimes in mass extinctions but usually not. Now we have a situation where climate is changing and yes probably faster than it would have thanks to the activity of human beings. Stamp out pollution whether it be of the seas or the atmosphere - a cleaner environment is to everyone's benefit. But be prepared to live in a warmer climate, you will not be able to turn back the clock. To try and make us all live in some pre-technology fantasy world is not going to work. Try it and say hello to mass unemployment and starvation. Of course the greatly reduced population would probably be seen as a plus by the eco warriors as I suspect they plan on being among the chosen few.

Rant over.

When massive depletion of the Ozone layer was discovered in the atmosphere in the 1980's, doomsayers said it could not be fixed. Through the persistant lobbying of a pair of scientists, and the Montreal Protocol, the production of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) was banned world wide. Through this action, there's massive evidence that the Ozone layer is repairing itself. The Northern Hemisphere could be fully fixed by the 2030s and Antarctica by the 2060s. Inaction is not really an option.

Edited by Smithers

The sooner people ditch their stupid opinions on nuclear energy and accept that it has the potential to provide vast amounts of cheap, carbon neutral energy the better.

Forget fancy windmills and planet heating solar farms, just build a few small scale nuclear power stations.

Electricity requirements are only going to increase and nuclear energy is the only realistic way we have to meet the demands..

https://www.nei.org/news/2019/bill-gates-on-nuclear

One way to save the planet is to eradicate the scum and those who think they are above the law, and redistribute their ill gotten gains to where it is needed :thumb:

Would you care to expand upon this assertion ?

In simple terms the human race is like bacteria, mostly good but some bad, but need each other to actually survive, but then you have the extremely harmful bacteria which will eventually destroy the good and the bad bacteria, it is this bacteria that needs to be eradicated while there is still time to do so, just my own personal view :thumb: :cheers:

I think we are more like a virus, we have taken over the host and we are now in the process of killing it.

Would you care to expand upon this assertion ?

In simple terms the human race is like bacteria, mostly good but some bad, but need each other to actually survive, but then you have the extremely harmful bacteria which will eventually destroy the good and the bad bacteria, it is this bacteria that needs to be eradicated while there is still time to do so, just my own personal view :thumb: :cheers:

I think we are more like a virus, we have taken over the host and we are now in the process of killing it.

The Starship Program is woefully behind schedule .

• 2 months later...

I was just listening to a piece on Radio 4 about the influence of the gut microbiome on mental health. Apparently, research has shown that transplanting the gut microbiome of a 'normal' person into the stomach of someone with behavioural or mental health issues can significantly improve their symptoms.

I interpret this as meaning that celebrity gurning Swede Greta Thunberg needs to eat more turds.

I was just listening to a piece on Radio 4 about the influence of the gut microbiome on mental health. Apparently, research has shown that transplanting the gut microbiome of a 'normal' person into the stomach of someone with behavioural or mental health issues can significantly improve their symptoms.

I interpret this as meaning that celebrity gurning Swede Greta Thunberg needs to eat more turds.

I heard a similar programme a few months back.

Apparently one can take "healthy" people's turds in pill form known as crapsules.

• 2 weeks later...