Bar end mirrors..

Six30

Would I be correct in assuming that in order to fit bar end mirrors you would have to sacrifice your bar end weights ? So you might get more vibration through your hands as a result . Depends on the design I suppose .

I have them on the Bobber. I'm pretty sure they have the weights built into them.

They have short stems so vibration isn't an issue. Only minor niggle might be that they tend to be a bit smaller than the conventional stalk type but I've not found it a problem.

Being right on the end of the bars they are in a good position.

I have them on the Bobber. I'm pretty sure they have the weights built into them.

They have short stems so vibration isn't an issue. Only minor niggle might be that they tend to be a bit smaller than the conventional stalk type but I've not found it a problem.

Did you fit them ? I turn into mr Bean when I pick up a screwdriver or spanner .

Did you fit them ? I turn into mr Bean when I pick up a screwdriver or spanner .

No - they're standard fittings.

Had them on a Street Triple, easy enough to fit. Fitted them and a tail tidy when I first got the bike. A year later I put the originals back on. They both looked great but I got fed up of getting a wet arse and couldnt see much behind me :D

I'm getting old :(

Mine screwed on using an M6 countersunk bolt. They are smaller but look loads better than the big KTM originals. The missing weights haven't made any difference.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/fleck_bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/20180420_145318.jpg

I took the big ones off, before anybody suggests it 👍😊

Just bought a set off Amazon. £11.99. Came today and feel surprisingly well made for the price! Hopefully get them fitted soon, once I’ve found a way to get the original bolts out as Kawasaki add locktite to them out the factory :evil:

Just bought a set off Amazon. £11.99. Came today and feel surprisingly well made for the price! Hopefully get them fitted soon, once I’ve found a way to get the original bolts out as Kawasaki add locktite to them out the factory :evil:

Not on any Kwak I've ever owned.

I had z750r and bar end bolts were fitted with tread lock

However, aftermarket mirrors only if they are same size as original, i dit try some rizoma mirrors, they look fantastic, but too small. Got original back in place immediately.

Mine definitely are, my mates were on his Z900 too

I fitted £9 ebay ones to my mt10 and they're great. Dead easy to fit.

That's what I've done .... £24 , I'll see how I get on with em .

Good luck. I forgot: I had to position the right mirror a mm away from its natural resting position stuck up against the throttle tube thing as the throttle wouldn't snap back shut, which was dangerous! But mine were expanding flange type fittings so all good - pulled it out a mm, screwed open the thing, done. And it takes forever to get them in the right position - try mirror rolled forward and backward as well as tilt back and forth, and laterally. And you may hit the mirror with your glove initially, I got used to not doing so eventually.

I have a set on my ST R675 and providing you accept your visibility is less then its all good.

Never had a issue with filtering or vibration but do have my knuckle armour scuffed from reaching for leavers. It cleans up the lines on my bike a treat!

• 2 weeks later...

I switched out my mirrors for bar ends on my T100 Bonnie visibility just as good as the stock mirrors but I think they look a bit cooler. Can’t figure out how to insert a photo any more, used to just be able to paste it in. If I figure it out I’ll add one.

I switched out my mirrors for bar ends on my T100 Bonnie visibility just as good as the stock mirrors but I think they look a bit cooler. Can’t figure out how to insert a photo any more, used to just be able to paste it in. If I figure it out I’ll add one.

Screenshot_20191020-143136_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8b6d0fd2f3756639be7426a7935e2cf0.jpg