Summer over

EX GASMAN

Today I got the full face helmet and winter gloves out. It is now still a pleasure to ride. There will come a time when I will give in and take the car, but not for a long while yet.

Guest Richzx6r

I noticed it more this morning that the temperature has suddenly dropped, think I'll be breaking out the winter gloves too for tomorrow morning and I need to either find my neck warmer or but a new one as mine gone walk abouts

Will be getting some winter items next week one of which will be a balaclava, that might raise a few eyebrows at various establishments i often go to, like the bank and post office :lol:

My jacket and pants liners were put in and balaclava went on for the first time yesterday, more so for my neck than anything else. I do hate how squashed it makes my head feel, I can't get a snood to stay up so it has to do.

I am tempted to get some bar muffs. I know they look naff but when it comes to winter practically is more important. I'd rather be on my bike with bar muffs than using public transport.

Got back from the North of the Island this morning, about 08:30, really felt the chill, liner has now officially gone back into the jacket and summer gloves swapped out for the winter ones again .... Stroll on next summer (when at least the rain gets warmer)

I hate my winter gloves cant feel shit ... but when your hands are warm there ok .theres nothing worse wearing summer gloves and it's cold and hands freeze up . ..

You still use heaed grips and winter gloves as this be the 1st year I'll be using both . My 1st set of heated grips ..

Who uses womans tights under there leathers ???? Not me but a few bikers iv chatted to said they used them even one guy who was a member of HA .

Guest Richzx6r

Never used tights....but do use thermal undergarments if its really cold, I am getting a car on Sunday for the onset of the nasty weather but on days that aren't treacherous I'll be on the bike still

I hate my winter gloves cant feel shit ... but when your hands are warm there ok .theres nothing worse wearing summer gloves and it's cold and hands freeze up . ..

You still use heaed grips and winter gloves as this be the 1st year I'll be using both . My 1st set of heated grips ..

Who uses womans tights under there leathers ???? Not me but a few bikers iv chatted to said they used them even one guy who was a member of HA .

An interesting choice when Primark thermals are equally effective .

Don't ride in the winter, end of. Yea i know some of you will say i am not a true biker and all that shit. However i did my winter riding time when i was younger, rain, hail, 6 inches of snow, day in day out to go to work, that was normal. Have to say the best time of all was with an outfit in the snow, great fun.

Now though it has to be dry and warm.

Don't ride in the winter, end of. Yea i know some of you will say i am not a true biker and all that shit. However i did my winter riding time when i was younger, rain, hail, 6 inches of snow, day in day out to go to work, that was normal. Have to say the best time of all was with an outfit in the snow, great fun.

Exactly! We had to do it......no choice!

Usually in a greasy Belstaff that covered you in black marks.......and "waterproof" gloves and boots that weren't.

The worst bit was the sponge on your goggles getting drenched and compressing the cold water onto your face!

No inclination to go through that shit again!

Usually in a greasy Belstaff that covered you in black marks.......and "waterproof" gloves and boots that weren't.

The worst bit was the sponge on your goggles getting drenched and compressing the cold water onto your face!

You have been there . :D :D :D :D :D

Not even on your ER5 ?

Not even on your ER5 ?

Never had an ER5! Have you missed your meds today Bob? :lol:

I battled through the onset of Winter again.........while all you blowhards just talk shit on the Internet.

And it wasn't easy either.......temps about 30C.

Bordering on a Testicular Perspiration situation in fact. :shock:

vs83.thumb.jpg.9cb848260e1ed81c66ae2fa537c61444.jpg

Not even on your ER5 ?

Never had an ER5! Have you missed your meds today Bob? :lol:

Hawkeye does . ( Quoted the quote )

The thing for me though is I didn't give it a thought back in the day... Snow on the ground? Bung a few more layers on. Home time and your gear is still soaking? Ah well, it's only 20 miles or so... Two wheels were my only choice

These days: looks like rain? f**k it, I'll take the car. :lol:

Yep. Get off the bike. Do a little jump and all the frozen snow and ice falls off. Carry 2 pairs of gloves cause the first pair will not be dry come home time. Fun times, not.

Yep. Get off the bike. Do a little jump and all the frozen snow and ice falls off. Carry 2 pairs of gloves cause the first pair will not be dry come home time. Fun times, not.

Ooh, I couldn't afford two pairs of gloves back then - what an extravagance!