Disc lock

Hi all getting a new bike on Thursday😁 so looking at security I’ve got a nice big chain and anchor point, going to fit an alarm but need a disc lock for when it’s away from home so with out paying stupid money which is the best to go for?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

I have bought the Oxford Titan disc lock you can get them on ebay new and posted for about 15-20quid. I did initially for my mt125 yamaha buy cheaper locks but one broke after half a dozen times of using it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OXFORD-Titan-Disc-Lock-Pouch-Yellow/dp/B001268YH2

I use an Oxford Alpha XA14 alarmed disc lock. Pretty robust with a rechargable alarm module that's loud enough. I got mine from Sportsbiekshop as it was the best deal around at the time. I recharge the module about every 3-4 months.

Got one too. I like the fact it isn't stupidly sensitive.

I have an Oxford screamer but it doesn't like the cold and makes stupid noises so it just gets used as a normal disc lock :lol:

It's more of a whimper than a scream.

If i have taken it off i usually put it inside to warm up before i put it back on, although to be fair it's the batteries that are usually affected by the cold :thumb:

I have an Oxford screamer but it doesn't like the cold and makes stupid noises so it just gets used as a normal disc lock :lol:

It's more of a whimper than a scream.

If i have taken it off i usually put it inside to warm up before i put it back on, although to be fair it's the batteries that are usually affected by the cold :thumb:

Mine has always been demented and. Pathetic lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Xena15, it's a big chunky that will never be got off except with the key. As for the built in alarm, when i bump my bike in the garage accidentally and the alarm goes off i have to get out of the garage PDQ, it is kin noisy.

They are about £70.00 but worth it.