Gloves

hawkeyefxr

I bought a pair of heated gloves a few years ago, they functioned fine except for one the heated part of the finger was on the outside of the glove. they were useless. I sent the back and purchased another pair where the heated part was on the inside of the fingers and hand, they were perfect, best pait of gloves i ever had.

• Confused 1

It's not really a review unless we know what makes and models you are referring to.

I agree with raesewell; I might be interested in buying a pair myself. Only because I'm too tight to fit heated grips.

Personally, I think on a motorbike forum, its not really all that interesting talking about reasons you don't ride in a topic about making riding more comfortable when you have no choice. And many on here have no choice, their bike is their only form of transport and winter is around the corner.

Electric clothing is one answer.. their are others.

"I use my car.." is no answer at all. And pointless for those on here who don't have a car to use.

• Like 2

Personally, I think on a motorbike forum, its not really all that interesting talking about reasons you don't ride in a topic about making riding more comfortable when you have no choice. And many on here have no choice, their bike is their only form of transport and winter is around the corner.

"I use my car.." is no answer at all. And pointless for those on here who don't have a car to use.

[mention]EX GASMAN[/mention] You've just been slapped :lol:

My bike doesn't come out in the cold winter months. Don't get me wrong I love it in the summer and I go everywhere on it, but if we didn't have summers, I wouldn't have a bike...

So the moral of this story? If you haven't got a car get saving up, they are FAR superior to bikes in cold wet weather 😎

Take a heated metal shell and a couple of extra wheels 😂

@EX GASMAN You've just been slapped :lol:

I've done my share of cold weather riding no heated anything in those days, on 1 trip from Nottingham to Sheffield when I got off I could not stand up. Now at 67 I don't do that anymore.

Tis still a valid response. It would be misleading if only the allweather riders replied - you'd think that 100% of riders go out in the cold.

I didn't say I use my car .... if you need heated gloves its to cold to ride , in my opinion ... other choices are the bus , the train or cab .

Silk inner gloves are a help in both heated & normal gloves, I bought some RST heated gloves 3 years ago & they really do make a difference.

[mention]hawkeyefxr[/mention] what brand heated gloves did you buy the 2nd time ?

It's not really a review unless we know what makes and models you are referring to.

They were Harley Gloves, nice soft leather and good padding. I chose battery ones over hard wired. They were just over £200.00

OK, here's my two pennorth. I have used Gerbing heated gloves for some years. They are great but there is a bit of a faff with the wires. I have recently discovered that gloves incorporating Outlast are just as good as heated gloves if you have heated grips. The Outlast puts the heat from the grips all round the glove and, except for VERY cold conditions (below maybe 2 degrees) or very long rides, they are a great alternative to wired gloves. OK, Outlast gloves are pricey but, for me, they are worth it. I have had Rukka and Held Outlast gloves and they are both good.