Yamaha YBR125 - Chain tension

Jordyshaw

Hey, having a little problem with my Yam. Every other day i'm having to re-adjust the chain. It slacks so much so often like every other day. I always tighten the nuts and bolts on the adjust part well so nothing is coming lose, but it doesn't change (still slacks). Any ideas, thanks.

Sounds like it's knackered beyond adjustment . Get a good quality chain and sprocket set . Spend around £40 to £50 , anything less is false economy . JT sprockets and DID chain would be a good choice . Don't worry about gold chain , it's only going to turn to shit especially if you get salt on it .

I always buy DID Gold chains. Never had a problem with the sideplates rusting or brass coating corroding. I do lube the chain with Wurth every 200 miles , so it's probably protected.

I always buy DID Gold chains. Never had a problem with the sideplates rusting or brass coating corroding. I do lube the chain with Wurth every 200 miles , so it's probably protected.

I also used to buy gold chains but they would get very well looked after . For an everyday commuter I was merely suggesting that the extra pennies might be better spent on the quality of the chain . Or on a tin of Wurth !

PhotoEditor_20191009_173923596.thumb.jpg.e2ae7c4520c5979ed77a586f402b9244.jpg