Improvisation

fastbob

The key to achieving excellence is the ability to improvise . A disc brake conversion should not be beyond the capability of a competent mechanic .

PhotoEditor_20191012_124513504.thumb.jpg.2c2d4407bda3e1bd30f16220c5eca4b3.jpg

I've just realised that this is an MZ TS 125 . I had one of those once and in all seriousness , this is probably an improvement . The drum brake shoes were made of something resembling Linoleum . Nothing much happened in dry weather no matter how hard I squeezed the lever . But in damp weather it was like hitting a brick wall as soon as I touched the lever . I tried carving the leading edge off the soft pad material with a Stanley Knife but it wasn't much better . If you consider the leverage of the pliers in the picture , it might have actually exerted enough force to effectively stop the bike , but the lever travel at the handlebar must be enormous .

Would you call that a restomod? :lol:

I think that's more of a retromod . In some ways I miss old WTF , sorry FTW , I'm sure that with a little more love and understanding he could have become a valued member of the forum . 😆😆😆😆😆

Chinese?

It's originally from a website called Slavs Squatting in Tracksuits . Make of that what you will . It came to my attention via the Sportster Sickness FB page.

Chinese?

It's originally from a website called Slavs Squatting in Tracksuits . Make of that what you will . It came to my attention via the Sportster Sickness FB page.

You fibber, it obviously originated from the Itchybum Moto YouTube feed 😂

I think the point that needs to be made here is that Fastbob actually 'fessed up on a public forum to having actually once owned a MZ TS 125.

Brave man! :salute:

I've had two ! Everything about them was like a bike from a parallel universe where the Gumbies had taken over . When you ride one you just can't stop laughing . They used to be cheap as chips but of course now they have become collectable. This is not mine but I had one identical to this . I also had a pale blue one . To be fair , they always started and only broke down occasionally when the plug fouled up . I could never work out how much Two Stroke to put in the tank so I just used to guess . The funniest thing was that the speedo used to go up and down when I revved the engine while the bike wasn't moving . This was due to the horrible vibrations . Note the locking cupboard to keep your Two Stroke , or your vodka , in .

PhotoEditor_20191016_232829563.thumb.jpg.901f86ebfe468e013d6997b2da416f08.jpg

Nothing wrong with MZ/CZ, they're brilliant when you've got naff all money. They aren't fast and they don't handle but they do just keep plodding on.

The CZ twins weren't that vibey but I had an ETZ301 which shook like a jack hammer. Like you said Bob, you just can't help smiling. :-)

They get bonus points from me for never rusting - mine were always coated with a healthy layer of two stroke oil!

I wouldn't mind another one for comedy value but like you said, the weird beards have taken over and they're now collectable so are just too much money for what they are.

Technically speaking the swept braking area is greatly reduce so braking efficiency will be drastically reduced and may cause an accident.

OR, it's a plain bodge uo.

I would have given that a red ticket for an MOT, yes i did do MOT's many moons ago "had" to pass some bikes that had bad brakes, those were the real old bikes.