Waterproof trousers

Good luck then because I've never found a pair yet ! All the waterproof outer clothing I've ever bought has only ever stayed waterproof for a few months before the water seeps through . Admittedly I've never spent top dollar for this stuff so there must be something out there . Oh yes , there was one outer suit that was 100% waterproof . It was a black and red PVC rainsuit called a Norex that was sold by M&P . It ripped easily and you eventually drowned in your own sweat but it WAS waterproof . Anyone remember these ?

I've tried several types - none have proved to be 100% waterproof in really heavy rain for extended periods. My latest pair are Richa Rain Warrior from Sportsbikeshop which get good reviews but so far I've only tried them in lighter rain so not had a real test yet.

The best bang for your buck I've had so far is Aldi's waterproof motorcycle trousers. Good thick material, decent zippers on the legs, comfy fit, good reflective stripes. Not 100% waterproof in torrential weather - they let in where your thighs rub on the tank. But otherwise as good as anything else I've had. I use them in lighter rain and have stayed dry.

I used a Richa all in one (can't remember the model but it was recommended by Bike and came from Sports bike shop) during my recent travels and in the torrential rain on last Sunday over 4 solid hours I was dry. The only place I got damp was round my neck where rain ran down the back of my helmet.

I've got a set of Alpinestars one piece, bit like this but an older version.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/166

I have worn them in very heavy rain and not got wet.

They roll up very tightly and small enough to pack in a backpack or under a seat.

I used a Richa all in one (can't remember the model but it was recommended by Bike and came from Sports bike shop) during my recent travels and in the torrential rain on last Sunday over 4 solid hours I was dry. The only place I got damp was round my neck where rain ran down the back of my helmet.

I've got a Richa one piece myself . It was fine for the first season but after that it started to leak .

you could try some from a builders supply they will be waterproof i can assure you :)

That's a good idea. I suppose the best waterproofs would be those that are worn by deep sea fishermen and deck hands . You would probably be able to get these from a Ship's Chandler .

you could try some from a builders supply they will be waterproof i can assure you :)

That's a good idea. I suppose the best waterproofs would be those that are worn by deep sea fishermen and deck hands . You would probably be able to get these from a Ship's Chandler .

Fishermen maybe but the stuff my deck hands get issued with are either very flimsy or really waterproof but not at all breathable and you end up soaked from the inside out. If you are looking for cheaper stuff they may fit the bill.

Not proof against road rash and a bit chilly around the edges. think I'll give that one a miss.

Only if you have an off, and waterproof clothing isn't going to very waterproof after an off either :thumb: