lexmoto or yamaha ?

superfish

@geofferz no problem, it is a shame you didn't watch it all though, never mind :thumb:

The guy is a boring chump - I watched a fair bit but it was tedious and essentially just his rather biased opinion.

Crowd fund me the cash and I'll buy a new one to ride all year round. I'll even do reviews along the way. :-)

Haha! no need, although not strictly a Lexmoto my Xena is chinese and is imported by Lexmoto, and i have now owned and ridden her for 6 months i will be doing a review myself :thumb: :cheers:

Haha! no need, although not strictly a Lexmoto my Xena is chinese and is imported by Lexmoto, and i have now owned and ridden her for 6 months i will be doing a review myself :thumb: :cheers:

True, but you want to like it therefore you will have bias. :-) Plus you don't have much of a frame of reference.

I did have a little chuckle to myself when I looked at the stats for the LXR125 - 12.1 bhp at 167 kg... That's exactly the same weight as my zx6r but that has 130.5 bhp!

The guy is a boring chump - I watched a fair bit but it was tedious and essentially just his rather biased opinion.

I used to like Spicy, when his videos were him riding about, but his recent stuff can be a bit boring and in some cases poorly researched so the stuff he’s on about just isn’t correct. There’s only so many clock videos you can take too. :lol:

I have an 18 month old Lexmoto Falcon and can offer unbiased review. It’s great, I love it. Some of the materials are rubbish, eg the oil cap lid thing is made of butter as far as I can tell, almost all of the screws that hold the fairing on are weak and the thread vanished if you take them off and put them back on.

There was a weird electrical fault that sorted itself out. For 2k I got a bike that was exciting for me to own as a first bike, I still like it, it’s great to ride. There is no reason other than that it is a Lexmoto that is should have lost as much value as it has. I would say it should be worth 14-15 hundred pounds with 6k on the clock but likely it is worth more like 6-8 hundred.

That is the biggest problem with the bike, I have lost a shed load of money. I should have bought second hand Japanese, it would have been the right thing to do. And I Love my 125.

I tried watching the video [mention]dynax[/mention] but the gui seems like a tool and evidently biased.

I have an 18 month old Lexmoto Falcon and can offer unbiased review. It’s great, I love it. Some of the materials are rubbish, eg the oil cap lid thing is made of butter as far as I can tell, almost all of the screws that hold the fairing on are weak and the thread vanished if you take them off and put them back on.

There was a weird electrical fault that sorted itself out. For 2k I got a bike that was exciting for me to own as a first bike, I still like it, it’s great to ride. There is no reason other than that it is a Lexmoto that is should have lost as much value as it has. I would say it should be worth 14-15 hundred pounds with 6k on the clock but likely it is worth more like 6-8 hundred.

That is the biggest problem with the bike, I have lost a shed load of money. I should have bought second hand Japanese, it would have been the right thing to do. And I Love my 125.

I tried watching the video @dynax but the gui seems like a tool and evidently biased.

This seems to be the general opinion from my research the main problem is huge depreciation due to the stigma attached to these bikes, for that reason I now have my heart set on a yamaha wr125x you can pick one up 5years old or so for around 2 grand and nobody told me they were a good alternative to a varadaro in that im 6foot 2 and this bike is also quite tall, its a shame about the lexmotos

I now have my heart set on a yamaha wr125x you can pick one up 5years old or so for around 2 grand...

When I decided to get on the road with a bike I bought a WR125X, I had been looking at buying a new Lexmoto Adrenaline for around the same money. After realising my fond memories of screaming 125 2 strokes were not going to be relived on a modern 4 stroke (They are shite) I sold it 4 months down the line - for more than I paid for it. Had I bought the Lexmoto it would have been a very, very different story.

My Lexmoto was a real unreliable heap of junk that broke down pretty much every other weekend. But, I still had great fun riding it and somehow clocked up something like 14,000 miles on it, including a few hundred with a pillion. So... I'm not gonna totally shoot them down. Had fun with mine and I do legit miss it at times. But only get a Lexmoto is you're happy to go through a lot of repairs, and to have to fight them a little to make sure they cover said repairs under the warranty. And be well aware that they have almost zero resale value. Nobody pays good money for a used Chinese bike! Best bet is to write it off and claim on insurance like mine :lol: