Is this normal!

Ged

Hey guys just a quick question! When an engine is cold does it struggle to start? I keep my bike in my house, I use a loading ramp to get her out. And she starts just fine.

But when i finish work she's struggles quite a bit, I mean she starts but she struggles to get going. I leave her for a whilst in the morning and just after I finish work to warm up

Any advice or input is greatly appreciated. My bike is only a 125cc. Thanks again guys and gals!

:stupid:

Cold engines are always harder to start. The oil is thicker and a cold battery has less power, so cranking is usually a bit slower. That can in turn make the spark weak if the battery is a bit marginal. Any damp in the ignition also makes things harder.

125 engines often have quite small batteries so you need to make sure it is kept fully charged. The bike itself will never fully charge a battery - so a trickle charger from time to time can help.

You could tweak the pilot air screw a quarter to a half turn further out to richen the pilot system a tad . See what happens but be careful to not lose track of where it was before you started fiddling . This is not an easy thing to do with the carb still on the bike because you are working upside down and blind .

Is the mt125 injected?

Very good question :mrgreen: I was going to ask if the bike had a carburettor :thumb:

All my carburettor bikes started and ran bad when cold, even sometimes when warn... My 2 fuel injection bikes start spot on and run well even when cold. Remember chokes? Don't miss them at all 😊 :roll:

It's fuel injected, so I think it doesn't have a choke I gave it a walk around but I couldn't see one I'm guessing it doesn't I'm a novice in terms of anything, involving mechanical stuff!

It does start guys it just struggles I gave it 4 goes in the shed that I store it in, in work. I was just a bit worried if it's normal?

A fuel injection bike should start without any fuel issues. First thing I'd check is the battery to make sure it's holding a good charge.

Is the bike getting damp in the shed? Putting a wet bike into a cold shed can lead to condensation forming on the electrics. Give it a spray with WD40 around the electrics.

How far is your daily commute? If it's short you may be gradually draining the battery.

My ybr is injected, no problems starting it in the cold.

On the other hand my carb'd fazer takes some persuasion sometimes, when its really cold the choke is a must.

It's just me fellas being a big girls blouse! :crybaby:

Because she wasn't starting first time! I'll have to get a trickle charger though just incase the battery does go! Thanks for all your help guys!

:cheers: