Another 125 question

Desmond.22

Guys looking for 125 with a more sit up style kind of commuter style as opposed to leaning fwd like on the honda i did my cbt on i think cbf or something like that.

Ive seen lexmoto do a zsb but looking for better make but that kind of style ?

Thanks

Plenty out there, great bikes, comfy, simple, reliable. They are as good as you get in factory spec so no need to mess about with aftermarket bits. The only common mod is to fit a replacement from sprocket that is one tooth less. It drops the gearing so that the engine can hold top gear on faster roads, otherwise they run out of grunt and you have to drop back down into 5th.

The standard chain is a bit flimsy but that’s easily sorted.

They handle really well with those big tyres and don’t get unsettled by poor road surfaces.

The later 200 version is no faster than the 125.

Some people keep their 125 because it suits them but most tend to trade it for something else. So the usual advice is to buy a good used Japanese bike, look after it, and you'll get your money back when you come to trade it in.

The VanVan is a very simple bike so there's not a lot to go wrong provided you buy one that's been properly maintained. The earlier ones are carb, later ones are injected. The two stripes along the lower sides of the tank came with the injected version.

Groms are fun.

Thanks was thinking new so id get warranty etc but they look good.

Im only cbt so 125 my limit for now. Seen honda grom or binelli TNT these any good ?

The grom is a great little bike, so long as you don't expect it to be much use at 60mph+ (it will get more if you don't weight a lot). I've had mine 4 years and other than the neutral switch rusting after 2 years and needing replaced, it is a fantasticly fun little bike for my commute through the city.

The TNT is much of the same. I've not heard anything bad about them. I've had a sit on one, and build quality seems on par.

Honda CB125R is a comfortable riding position and all around solid bike.

However, it too will top out around 60-65 mph (Well, comfortably that is, without putting it to the sword) - and if you’re light like me, the torque isn’t half bad in the low to medium due to it having a ~135KG curb weight.

All Good stock parts too, has ABS and good tyres.

Bit pricey new at ~£4,000, but with it being a 2018 Honda model it will hold its value very well for years to come

However, it too will top out around 60-65 mph (Well, comfortably that is, without putting it to the sword) - and if you’re light like me, the torque isn’t half bad in the low to medium due to it having a ~135KG curb weight.

Bit pricey new at ~£4,000, but with it being a 2018 Honda model it will hold its value very well for years to come

Nice bikes but they really are tiny . Have a read of the original post .

Don't buy a learner bike bike new . Unless you don't mind throwing away money.

Or you like it....

It's your money, spend it on what you like.

Pretty much what I said really 😄

They are not that small, I’m 5’9 and I can not flat foot mine if I have both feet down, I’m forever on me tippy toes lol - when reading reviews I have actually seen a few comments about the seat height being a little high for a first bike/learner bike, anyone under 5’9 is going to be a little unnerved when they first get on it.

OP mentioned potentially a new Grom I think? The CB125R is Noticeably Larger than that, for sure.

It’s not small ‘size wise’, but as a naked style bike + 125 cc it’s very light-weight, nimble :)

They are not that small, I’m 5’9 and I can not flat foot mine if I have both feet down, I’m forever on me tippy toes lol - when reading reviews I have actually seen a few comments about the seat height being a little high for a first bike/learner bike, anyone under 5’9 is going to be a little unnerved when they first get on it.

OP mentioned potentially a new Grom I think? The CB125R is Noticeably Larger than that, for sure.

It’s not small ‘size wise’, but as a naked style bike + 125 cc it’s very light-weight, nimble :)

Well my impression is still that they are very small indeed . Maybe it's because I rode GSXR 1100,s for years but I've always thought that they look one step up from a Mini Moto .

Well my impression is still that they are very small indeed . Maybe it's because I rode GSXR 1100,s for years but I've always thought that they look one step up from a Mini Moto .

Did a quick google search;

Honda CB125R specs - seat height 32.1 inch, length 79.3 inch, width 32.2 inch, height 41.5 inch

Suzuki GSX-R 1100 specs - seat height 32.1 inch, length 83.9 inch, width 29.7 inch, height 46.9 inch

I still think it’s viable option for OP. Very nice overall bike, modern and comfortable :)

Cheers some real good reviews.

What about the Chinese stuff?

You've got maybe a 5% chance of getting a good one - either make your peace with an unending stream of little repair jobs, or save yourself some misery and give them a miss! :lol: