Happy reaching the ground day!

Arwen

So today I said good bye to my first big bike, my lovely F700gs.

I traded it in for the much lower and lighter feeling Honda CMX 500 Rebel!

IMG_20191019_114752.thumb.jpg.8dbf54bd3009c63aad5c1178be861b80.jpg

Mix emotions over the trade in, but I am so glad I have done it now. Made all the better by the guys at Ecosse Motorcycles in Dundee who made the whole process easier than cooking dinner!

We only went for a short ride today as the temperature has dropped and it was threating to rain rather badly. The bike is lovely and smooth, and riding through town especially I noticed the massive difference in being able to reach the ground with both feet at the same time :lol:

I've already bought a slip on exhaust and a luggage rack to fit to it next week. Still working on what to do with the bars and adding heated grips to it. And figuring out all the things and options with the trakking !

IMG_20191019_135310.thumb.jpg.8f4d09ac98dd58a89fc59fb73ec81448.jpg

IMG-20191019-WA0002.thumb.jpg.a1bdfc8727f4b186cf070ab81c521e72.jpg

Thanks everyone. Being able to flat foot is still feeling alien to me :mrgreen:

I certainly missed the heated grips of the BMW this morning. But bonus, didn't have the scrape the car of frost :lol:

This is the only bike I have found I can do it on [mention]Raygun95[/mention] :lol: Even on my MSX I can only get one foot flat at a time !

Got rid of the rear seat last night and replaced it with a rack from Beowulf. Just need to get some black bolts to replace the silver coloured ones.

New exhaust should arrive today or tomorrow :mrgreen:

IMG_20191023_171541.thumb.jpg.6c97419955d5bf29c52ed0d0baf3ac87.jpg