Does your bike have a personality?

Raygun95

Was chatting about this with a friend of mine..

He describes his CBR600 Leyla as being like an unforgiving woman who commands respect at all times and his CBR125 is "like that fun friend you meet on a summer holiday and then never speak to again".

Does anybody else see a personality in their bike?

I think someone is confusing the word Personality with the word Characteristics . All bikes have characteristics but to project a personality onto a machine is just naive. Coincidentally I stumbled upon this little known cartoon today which might explain where this delusion originated . Apparently the Chopper Bunch were the bad guys .

">

PhotoEditor_20191024_185912188.thumb.jpg.898f503b46f22c9d7bb0c9878ab8b679.jpg

Edited by fastbob

I think someone is confusing the word Personality with the word Characteristics . All bikes have characteristics but to project a personality onto a machine is just naive.

a simple "No" would have sufficed.

im off to ring the samaritans :cry:

You'll have to wait a bit, i'm currently in a queue" your call is important to us, please wait for the next available operator, you are number 673" :lol:

I think someone is confusing the word Personality with the word Characteristics . All bikes have characteristics but to project a personality onto a machine is just naive.

a simple "No" would have sufficed.

No it wouldn't , it's a chat forum and I enjoy chatting . Please don't quote me in isolation just to launch one of your little conversation killers . We're just having a whimsical bit of fun here and there's no need to vent spleen upon me if you're not in a nice mood .

Edited by fastbob

Weirdos.

I'm with Six :shock:

How can pieces of metal have a personality?

It's like saying your garden gate or your coal bucket has a personality.

Get help FFS!

This film proves machines can develop a personality :lol:

20191024_204952.thumb.jpg.3f7a06614981fa241ec38d722033c3f5.jpg

Is it really that naive?

Every single thing around us is designed to invoke some kind of reaction or emotion. As humans we judge things by colour, shape, sound size etc. Everything is designed to get some kind of reaction from us, we are influenced by this every day of our lives and as humans we are conditioned to react a certain way to certain things. The same goes for bikes. Each and every one is designed with a specific audience in mind and they are all designed to get some kind of reaction out of you, so is it really that unbelievable that some people can associate certain personality traits to one?

How can pieces of metal have a personality?

It's like saying your garden gate or your coal bucket has a personality.

Get help FFS!

You have a coal bucket?