Where do you keep your bike.....

dynax

Given my restrictions to the size of bike i could get, i was thinking why can't i just park it on the street, i know the insurance would be more but would it be such a high risk ? :cheers:

i wouldn't be over happy about leaving my bike in the street the only time i do that is when im over in the iom for TT/MANX but then again some people dont have a drive or garage and then they dont have an option

You not got a nieghbour with a garage or shed they don't use , who could rent it to you ?

No unfortunately, where i live the street is mainly flats, a couple of houses but no drives :cheers:

is there not anywhere to put a shed/store for a bike?

And to answer the question I keep mine in the garage :)

It's the access, the front gate has a max width of 31 inches, then to get round the back has to get through another gate of max width 28 inches, down a narrow path 3ft then a righthand turn at 90 degrees to get down a slightly wider path into the back garden where i park Xena,

It's the access, the front gate has a max width of 31 inches, then to get round the back has to get through another gate of max width 28 inches, down a narrow path 3ft then a righthand turn at 90 degrees to get down a slightly wider path into the back garden where i park Xena,

I had a similar thing in one of my houses!

Then when we was looking at buying a new place the focus was on a decent size garage :lol:

Then when we was looking at buying a new place the focus was on a decent size garage :lol:

That's the way to do it!

Unless i have a decent lottery win that isn't an option :lol:

That's the way to do it!

The missus was happy as she get a nice house out of it :lol:

That's the way to do it!

I've always emphasised to her how important it is to have a garage for storage........or the house will be full of shit that we don't normally use. Cluttering it up like. Making it messy!

Though she knows what my real motives are of course.......but if you openly admit it you'll never hear the end of it. They'll just throw it back at you at a later date.

That's the way to do it!

I've always emphasised to her how important it is to have a garage for storage........or the house will be full of shit that we don't normally use. Cluttering it up like. Making it messy!

Though she knows what my real motives are of course.......but if you openly admit it you'll never hear the end of it. They'll just throw it back at you at a later date.

Its been made perfectly clear that my garage is for the bikes and all my tools and stuff!

We have a shed for other shit and two spare bedrooms in the house and a loft :lol:

She is already a bit jealous of the log burner I have in the garage as she wanted that in the house :lol: :lol:

Oh the joys of both of us being bikers! Our garage is for bikes… however many we can fit in :lol:

Is there any space out the front of your house at all [mention]dynax[/mention] ? Where we live there is lots of tenements, they normally have a space of about 3ft width in front of them. Many people around here put bike tents or build a wooden shelter for their bikes in them. It's not as secure as a garage, but keeps them off the street and somewhere where a ground anchor can be located.

I made a shed by putting another fence panel in parallel with the front garden fence, with a roof, back and front door. Later on I fitted a wooden floor and heater to keep the condensation off. The bike emerges from hibernation in the spring looking brand new

20190207_143330.thumb.jpg.e1000705a63d5b992926094b6034ae92.jpg

Oh the joys of both of us being bikers! Our garage is for bikes… however many we can fit in :lol:

Is there any space out the front of your house at all @dynax ? Where we live there is lots of tenements, they normally have a space of about 3ft width in front of them. Many people around here put bike tents or build a wooden shelter for their bikes in them. It's not as secure as a garage, but keeps them off the street and somewhere where a ground anchor can be located.

Have a decent sized front garden and a very handy steel handrail, the problem is getting through the gate from the street, i have thought about contacting the council asking for it to be widened on the grounds of " My partners wheelchair sometimes gets caught on the gate hardware, and has damaged her waterproof cover while going through it" which is still an option :lol:

Have a decent sized front garden and a very handy steel handrail, the problem is getting through the gate from the street, i have thought about contacting the council asking for it to be widened on the grounds of " My partners wheelchair sometimes gets caught on the gate hardware, and has damaged her waterproof cover while going through it" which is still an option :lol:

I would just widen it yourself :?

or play the disability card and get them to do all the work for you but then it might not be wide enough for a bike or they might ask you to move :lol:

Mine lives in the back garden and is chained to a ground anchor. Well, house anchor technically as I put it in the brick wall. Hoping to save up and get a 8x6 shed put in before Christmas though in time for the worse of the weather