doing U turn in test

Can someone tell me what space this should be done in please and what size bikes are used. A friend failed his test on this and i want to help him out if i can.

I never did this on my test in 1967, the examiner used to walk round, in fact i lost him for about 10 mins then saw him flapping his arms at the side of the road.

I passed lol

• 3 weeks later...

If your friend wants an easy way to practise... I use two parking spaces (side by side) in an old unused carpark. They are roughly the right width.

I would say it's closer to three parking spaces but it does depend on the car park but if your friend [mention]bonio[/mention] gets good with two spaces, they should have no bother on test day.

I remember doing my test about 20 years ago. The examiner found what I think was the thinnist road ever and got me to push it in a u turn to make sure my bike could do it at full lock, then made me ride the u turn. It was pretty much kerb to kerb. I managed it due to my instructor making me practice slow manoeuvres alot. I have done a slow riding course recently and it makes a massive difference as well boosting confidence especially as my triumph Explorer has a high centre of gravity.

Now that we're all grown up I'd be interested to know how many of us put our feet down on u-turns? I often do unless the road is wide enough to make a nice easy curve.

I think I've done 1 u turn in my life

Can someone tell me what space this should be done in please and what size bikes are used. A friend failed his test on this and i want to help him out if i can.

I never did this on my test in 1967, the examiner used to walk round, in fact i lost him for about 10 mins then saw him flapping his arms at the side of the road.

I passed lol

Same with me in 1971!

You could wheelie your way round the other 3 blocks, or even bin it, and he'd never know any different! :lol: