Summer over

EX GASMAN

I went out and did a 150 mile round trip from Coventry to the Malvern Hills today. It was a beautiful day but as soon as the sun got low in the sky it quickly went very cold . I must be getting old because it's nearly midnight and I'm still feeling cold . I'm not actually cold , I'm just feeling cold , weird .

I went out and did a 150 mile round trip from Coventry to the Malvern Hills today. It was a beautiful day but as soon as the sun got low in the sky it quickly went very cold . I must be getting old because it's nearly midnight and I'm still feeling cold . I'm not actually cold , I'm just feeling cold , weird .

I've always found that getting cold on a bike feels like my core temperature drops and I can't get warm easily. When I've been out in very damp cold conditions I often get into the bath to get my temperature back up again. Otherwise I feel cold for hours.

First frost this morning!

You are indeed old my dude.

Can't say as i 'enjoyed' riding in the cold and wet (and i defy anyone to say they do!!), there again riding in extreme high temps is also not fun either.

I agree, I feel quite sorry for that [mention]XTreme[/mention] person. They seem to have to tolerate consistently high temperatures that I only have to manage some days a year. I find it easier to dress for cold and wet and be safe than really hot and still be safe.

I only have one full winter under my belt but I rode throughout all of that and enjoyed it for the most part. I enjoyed today but will want to do something extra to stay warm. I have clothes for winter mountaineering which will help.

Can't say as i 'enjoyed' riding in the cold and wet (and i defy anyone to say they do!!), there again riding in extreme high temps is also not fun either.

I agree, I feel quite sorry for that @XTreme person. They seem to have to tolerate consistently high temperatures that I only have to manage some days a year. I find it easier to dress for cold and wet and be safe than really hot and still be safe.

I only have one full winter under my belt but I rode throughout all of that and enjoyed it for the most part. I enjoyed today but will want to do something extra to stay warm. I have clothes for winter mountaineering which will help.

No....in Summer I go out in the mornings before it gets too hot. Pleasant enough then.

I agree, I feel quite sorry for that @XTreme person. They seem to have to tolerate consistently high temperatures that I only have to manage some days a year. I find it easier to dress for cold and wet and be safe than really hot and still be safe.

No....in Summer I go out in the mornings before it gets too hot. Pleasant enough then.

If it gets too hot just ride faster.

Don't work that way! Higher speed at over early 30's gives you the hairdryer effect. More wind and more heat!

Yesterday 22C was just right!

Pity I ended up riding into the forecourt of somebody's country house by mistake!

">

Don't work that way! Higher speed at over early 30's gives you the hairdryer effect. More wind and more heat!

Yesterday 22C was just right!

Pity I ended up riding into the forecourt of somebody's country house by mistake!

Another great vid XTreme, I can now understand why you are so unpopular with some of the folk on here :D

They have gritted the roads around Rugby tonight so summer is definitely over for all my good toys.

Keep that GT380 under wraps!

Got a lot of affection for them.......a GT380J was my first brand new bike in April 73.

They have gritted the roads around Rugby tonight so summer is definitely over for all my good toys.

Keep that GT380 under wraps!

Got a lot of affection for them.......a GT380J was my first brand new bike in April 73.

Don't worry,its tucked up in the garage with a fresh coat of ACF50.

A pic of it with its 2 stroke stable mate and my old EXUP.

20151011_151122-1024x614.thumb.jpg.02546c83ef96dc50cfc72cb093eab8d4.jpg