Panther Trike

Topper

Hi all

So..........after a long think and a look at how many miles I have covered on the ZZR in last 2 years (1000 mile only) I decided to sell her :( Had it for 7 years and loved it, but at nearly 60 I am finding it tough after an hour riding.

Not to give up on biking all together, decided to buy a Panther Trike.

Am i still welcome here with a Trike or do I need to bugger off and find a Trike forum now :D

https://oi198.photobucket.com/albums/aa307/toppermk6/Trike%206.jpg

I get what you are saying...... however, due to my ailments, I would need to give up all together.

I cannot remember how to insert a picture now................ mind is going too

In which case I consider myself lucky at 64 I still have all my faculties and manage to tour extensively with and without my wife on my FJR.

Although I think in your position I might go for a sporty car rather than a trike. However as I said whatever floats your boat.

Hi all

So..........after a long think and a look at how many miles I have covered on the ZZR in last 2 years (1000 mile only) I decided to sell her :( Had it for 7 years and loved it, but at nearly 60 I am finding it tough after an hour riding.

Am i still welcome here with a Trike or do I need to bugger off and find a Trike forum now :D

Bugger off!

Hi all

Bugger off!

:crybaby: :crybaby: :salute: :wave:

Well I’m not far off 60 and live near you and still happy on two wheels. But at this time of year the state of the roads round our way is pretty grim so I can see where you’re coming from. But a trike in local traffic is going to be a bit frustrating.

Hi all

Bugger off!

:crybaby: :crybaby: :salute: :wave:

Well, maybe stay if you promise not to show anymore photos of that mobility scooter?

If it's a bike based trike and not a contraption and you are riding it out of necessity then I, for one ,am more than happy if you choose to remain in the forum . But if you get one of these abominations you can do one . 😆😆 :booty:

PhotoEditor_20191029_175713257.thumb.jpg.a2f1a3115eea2216b38b75ca78eca5d8.jpg

If it's a bike based trike and not a contraption and you are riding it out of necessity then I, for one ,am more than happy if you choose to remain in the forum . But if you get one of these abominations you can do one . 😆😆 :booty:

Wow, that is truly hideous !

I think the worst thing for me is that while it looks so expensively bespoke, for luggage they've just bolted on a regular top box as an afterthought - completely ruins the cartoon Pink panther/wacky races appearance.

I was 65 when i bought my VW Trike, i always fancied one but wish i never actually bought one. Mine had a raked front end 12in wide wheels and tyres (bloody expensive) but looked good. What always looks good don't mean it is.

A few things i learnt, normal telescopic forks raked are not a good ride they are heavy on the steering and prone to steering wobble.

I have talked to other trike owners that have leading link forks and they say they are easy to turn.

The real flash trikes like Boom are good but very expensive.

There are quite a lot of Trikes and trike makers up North not so many of either in the south.

Some are really cobbled together, a bike front end and a VW rear end, wiring is a nightmare as there is no diagrams for these things and can be a real job tracing problems even though the wiring is simple. Obviously the big makes of Trikes will not have this problem.

I have owned and ridden many outfits and they are easy compared to trikes, it is a strange sensation sitting in the middle of the road.

I will NEVER have another one even if i can't ride a bike anymore (and thats getting close)

If you go for a trike ask to have a ride in a car park somewhere, do left and right turns, try to create a steering wobble and see how the trike reacts to it, does it get worse, do you have to slow down to stop it. You really need to be ding 30/40mph for this.

If its a lower end trike shall we say, like mine, check all the lights with engine running and without. Check it charges, all basic stuff but i got caught on the charging bit, had to buy a new alternator.