Weighing up the pros and cons

I used to do a mock mod 2 on my way too and from work in the lead up to my test. And playing the "floor is lava" game while on the bike is good practise for Mod 1 I found.

Mock theory tests and hazzard perceptions were a lunch time thing. :lol:

It's turned out to be a bit of a "did that just happen" moment, i was planning on doing my tests next year, but somehow everything has just been fast forwarded and by the end of the year i could have my full licence :shock: :scratch:

Went and did my first lesson on a 600 Fazer, was out for a couple of hours and did ok but it is not for me just didn't like it, it wasn't just one thing in paricular it was lots of different things, so thanks but no thanks will stick with my 125's :thumb:

Great that you tried it and that you know for sure what is right for you. AND you have two 125s AND the money you save from the DAS you can spend on another one!! ( I have one that I might sell if you fancy a different one?)

Thanks James, i think 2 bikes is enough plus i don't have room for another :lol: :thumb:

Each to his own. I personally wouldn't want to be stuck with 125's but then the reason I ride a bike is the buzz I get from speed and acceleration. So it has to be a bigger bike. These days not too big though. If I'm going fishing I take the car.😊

Each to his own. I personally wouldn't want to be stuck with 125's but then the reason I ride a bike is the buzz I get from speed and acceleration. So it has to be a bigger bike. These days not too big though. If I'm going fishing I take the car.😊

There isn't anything the fazer could do that my 125 can't, the bike isn't much heavier than Xena but the handling is crap, it's heavy on the front, the riding position is not my style and i am aching after only a couple of hours, the suspension is non existant, i ride for pleasure and that fazer was for from it, i don't need to go fast to get a buzz just being on the bike does that :thumb:

The only reason i was contemplating doing the full A was for the possibilty of using a wheelchair accessible sidecar outfit, but i can already ride a trike on my licence, so getting one with a wheelchair conversion is also a possibility, a Goldwing hunting here we come :lol: :thumb:

So does that mean no aches and pains then? Was that a lie too? :wink:

I have the aches and pains i am a classic glutton for punishment, anyone got the number for Miss Whiplash i seem to have lost it :lol: :thumb:

Sounds like the sort of thing I do. Started so I'll finish. The difference i noticed with a bigger bike was feeling much safer on any road with a limit over 50mph. Part of it is about being able to accelerate into a gap when joining a carriageway. The other part is I want to be able to consistently go faster than Lorries rather than have them overtake me on duel carriageways that are going uphill or into the wind.

All of that said I think I am about to insure my 125 until I am confident in my 600 and she will do just fine.

thing abuot bikes seems to be that it's not necessairly about the engine size as to whether I like them or not (although more grunt is bettter for me) but rather the seating position. I sat on the Lexmoto cruiser style one when I was looking to buy my first bike and could not get on with the seating position. Similarly the 750 I have from the insurance is less pleasant than my ZZR and less powerful. Funnny old world.

Sounds like the sort of thing I do. Started so I'll finish. The difference i noticed with a bigger bike was feeling much safer on any road with a limit over 50mph. Part of it is about being able to accelerate into a gap when joining a carriageway. The other part is I want to be able to consistently go faster than Lorries rather than have them overtake me on duel carriageways that are going uphill or into the wind.

All of that said I think I am about to insure my 125 until I am confident in my 600 and she will do just fine.

thing abuot bikes seems to be that it's not necessairly about the engine size as to whether I like them or not (although more grunt is bettter for me) but rather the seating position. I sat on the Lexmoto cruiser style one when I was looking to buy my first bike and could not get on with the seating position. Similarly the 750 I have from the insurance is less pleasant than my ZZR and less powerful. Funnny old world.

TBH i felt more vulnerable i suspect because i'm not used to riding that particular bike, also had to do an emergency stop ( for real ) about half way through, i guess it's part of the learning process :lol: :thumb: