14 years ago today......

XTreme

Maybe it's the fact you gloat about it and say you will never return :lol:

The way you've got to look at it is it's just a depiction of a different life that anybody could choose if they so wished Stu!

In fact it was seeing ride reports on AdvRider from other countries years ago that actually got us thinking about making the move.

Cos I was there in Britain in the same position you are now......pissing rain, howling winds, black sky, and roads covered with salt.

It was just so depressing knowing you were pretty much sidelined for months!

I would love to do it but the wife won't :roll:

Although I could get a Spanish one :lol:

You've both got to be up for it Stu.

Having said that, what happens here a lot, is that only one of the partners will actually take to it.

So eventually (and it's usually the woman that wants to return) they leave. Or they split up......and that happens more than you'd imagine.

I think if you still have family in the UK it all becomes a bit more complex. It's much more difficult to cut loose in those circumstances. Yes there are plenty of cheap flights but if there's a family crisis or even just a sick grandchild to be looked after flying back to the UK isn't really practical.

Personally having sailed all over the world whilst working and still doing it, living somewhere else doesn't really appeal. I've got colleagues in the same job as me who do live abroad but in all cases they have no family remaining in the UK. If I did live abroad it would be somewhere like Canada which has worse winters than us but then I like winter sports.

I thought you'd been there longer than that!

I've often thought about it but don't think

it will ever happen now.

Good on ya I say! :thumb:

Why did you think I'd been there longer than 14 years Ian?

Dunno! :scratch: I just did :lol:

I thought you'd been there longer than that!

I've often thought about it but don't think

it will ever happen now.

Good on ya I say! :thumb:

If anybody in Britain currently feels caught in a trap and can't walk out.....it's now or never!.

I'd recommend a little less conversation, a little more action.

Big Whoosh going over the heads of the youngsters on that one! :lol:

If anybody in Britain currently feels caught in a trap and can't walk out.....it's now or never!.

Your a fan obviously!😁

Your a fan obviously!😁

Not really Fred.......Ian's the fan!

His exact portrayal of the fat, bloated, obese Elvis of later years is absolutely spot on!

And he's always in character! :lol:

• 1 month later...

..........we crossed the border from France into Spain! And never left!

And this was probably the first pic from Spain that I posted on the bike forum that we had showing my mates back in the UK that I had arrived! It wound them up a bit!

xts9.jpg

And I've done my best to continue in the same manner since then! You may have noticed? :lol:

Actually, it took about a year to sink in with one of the Cardiff boys that I'd really left......he was convinced that it was just me and one of the other guys having a wind-up on him! :lol:

He honestly thought that I was really still in Llandrindod Wells and I was photoshopping my bike onto images of places in Spain! Thick twat!

So it all worked out for us.......but it doesn't for a lot of people! The reality is that It's not so much the place you actually go.......more a case of the person you are.

did you like Spain? you are gonna stay permanent there?

And this was probably the first pic from Spain that I posted on the bike forum that we had showing my mates back in the UK that I had arrived! It wound them up a bit!

xts9.jpg

And I've done my best to continue in the same manner since then! You may have noticed? :lol:

Actually, it took about a year to sink in with one of the Cardiff boys that I'd really left......he was convinced that it was just me and one of the other guys having a wind-up on him! :lol:

He honestly thought that I was really still in Llandrindod Wells and I was photoshopping my bike onto images of places in Spain! Thick twat!

So it all worked out for us.......but it doesn't for a lot of people! The reality is that It's not so much the place you actually go.......more a case of the person you are.

Yes.....we'll be here for life!

xts9.jpg

great ...have very nice weather Spain...which area are you gonna stay? in a coastal area in Mediterranean?

great ...have very nice weather Spain...which area are you gonna stay? in a coastal area in Mediterranean?

We're 3000ft up in the mountains of north east Granada.

If we ever move within Spain it won't be anywhere near the Brit ghettos in the Costas!

I like some of the ghettos! :lol: :cheers:

How am I ever going to earn beer money singing in the ghetto if I'm not in the ghetto ? :lol: 8-) :cheers: :beer2: :yay:

No foreign ghettos for you now Ian.....those days are over! You're landlocked my man!

So take your pic from Clacton or Skegness!

If we ever move within Spain it won't be anywhere near the Brit ghettos in the Costas!

must be very nice in the mountain...

I get by! :lol:

vs149.thumb.jpg.dff105d7b788f2e905aa03338b80dd2b.jpg

I get by! :lol:

lovely