Tinted Visors

I know that dark tinted visors are for track use only but in reality has anyone ever had any issues with the law "during daylight hours" with having a tinted visor? I've seen plenty of people riding with them.

I was out a couple of days ago and the sun, low in the sky, was brutal, I was considering fitting a tinted visor for days like that, I'm fortunate that visor changes on my helmet can be done really easily.

I just want other people opinions who may have or are using them.

I've always had tinted visors , never had issue with the law , as for low sun , they won't completely stop the problem, but got to be better than a clear one .

I know that dark tinted visors are for track use only but in reality has anyone ever had any issues with the law "during daylight hours" with having a tinted visor? I've seen plenty of people riding with them.

I was out a couple of days ago and the sun, low in the sky, was brutal, I was considering fitting a tinted visor for days like that, I'm fortunate that visor changes on my helmet can be done really easily.

Why not try a Helmet with a drop down sun visor in it

Why not try a Helmet with a drop down sun visor in it

As above - gives you best of all worlds.

I've ridden past dozens of Police & some traffic Police with no interest from them about my dark visor. I've found internal sunvisors have misted up on me but a dark visor with a pin lock hasn't, I always carry a clear if I might ride past dusk.

Prince Andrew uses a dark visor :D

I've stuck a thin band of electrical tape on one of my visors which helps like a sun visor in a car :thumb:

No problem with mine. Way prefer the look of a dark smoke visor than a drop down light smoke internal sun visor, though I appreciate the usefulness of that - especially when touring etc.

I did once carry a spare clear visor on my midriff (do guys have midriffs?!) above my hip under my jacket - couldn't feel it at all! Try it.

My helmet has both as standard, at the same time.

Yes mine has a retractable tinted visor as well, but mine is absolutely useless, it doesn't drop down far enough and I find it obscures my vision

My helmet currently has a drop down tinted visor, its absolutely useless, the issues I have with it are misting, it doesn't actually drop down far enough and I find it obscures my vision, I think they may suit some people and the theory is sound but there not for me.

I didn't think dark tints would be a problem during the day so cheers for the advice and input folks :thumb:

My helmet currently has a drop down tinted visor, its absolutely useless, the issues I have with it are misting, it doesn't actually drop down far enough and I find it obscures my vision, I think they may suit some people and the theory is sound but there not for me.

I didn't think dark tints would be a problem during the day so cheers for the advice and input folks :thumb:

That's strange, what lid do you have? Mine is a bog standard Caberg and the drop down visor works very well. Never had a problem with it misting up and it drops the tinted section right over my line of vision.

I can see why a tinted visor makes sense over buying a whole new lid though if you're never riding at night.

That's strange, what lid do you have? Mine is a bog standard Caberg and the drop down visor works very well. Never had a problem with it misting up and it drops the tinted section right over my line of vision.

I can see why a tinted visor makes sense over buying a whole new lid though if you're never riding at night.

Mines Shoei GT Air, drop down visor has been next to useless, which is annoying as the helmet itself is excellent. I do ride at night and in bad weather, visor changing is quick and simple though so it shouldn't cause me to much of a hassle.

Mines Shoei GT Air, drop down visor has been next to useless, which is annoying as the helmet itself is excellent. I do ride at night and in bad weather, visor changing is quick and simple though so it shouldn't cause me to much of a hassle.

I have the same and have had no issues with internal visor?

:stupid:

I have more probs with my spec misting than the drop down tinted visor.

I have the same and have had no issues with internal visor?

Nothing but trouble for me! I suppose what's good for one isn't always good for another though, I thought the idea was sound enough when I bought the helmet, and like I say, I absolutely love the lid, just a shame about the visor.

Schuberth C3 with drop down sun screen works for me. As long as I have the chin vent open neither my glasses, drop down sun shade or visor mist up. However I did have to change the anti-fog from original (which was completely shite) to a pinlock. As OP said what works for one need not work for another.

Nothing but trouble for me! I suppose what's good for one isn't always good for another though, I thought the idea was sound enough when I bought the helmet, and like I say, I absolutely love the lid, just a shame about the visor.

What issue are you having with it?

What issue are you having with it?

It doesn't come down far enough to block out the sun, I find in the cold weather it mists up (I've even tried treating it with a rain x anti mist cleaner) and at times, because it doesn't seem to come down far enough, it has a tendency to obscure my vision. I tried just wearing sun glasses but because the helmet is quite a snug fit the arms of the glasses dig in and give me a headache.