Tinted Visors

• 4 weeks later...

In my Arai's I use one of the Pinlock ProtecTint inserts as its the best of both worlds, takes out the glare on sunny days/ low sun in winter and then back to clear when the sun goes down. Yes its not cheap but if you are buying a pinlock its only an extra £20.

It is not instant ~1 min to change back but as it goes a smoked tint it doesn't matter when you go in to tunnels or under trees. Works all year, doesn't fog up unlike the internal drop downs and as a worst case I will just wear sun glasses if I ever find myself needing additional darkness which in the UK has pretty much been never. There are plenty of cheap polarised sunglasses out there with narrow frames without the ear hook that work really well in helmets, I bought a set of eBay for about £10 and they just sit under my seat in the summer.

If your helmet doesn't have ProtecTint available then I would put in a light smoke as that won't bother you too much at night and if you did get stopped on a very cloudy/ rainy day I doubt the Police would even give it a second glance.

IMO keep the dark visor for the track where you will look even cooler in the photos :)

I use a Schuberth C3 with integrated sun visor and on occasions this does steam up a little but flick open the visor it clears in seconds problem resolved.

Like Tankbag mentioned earlier in the thread I also use a strip of electrical tape across the top of the visor this does act like a sunstrip in a car windshield or a bit like wearing a baseball cap while driving you can just dip your head a bit to get through that glare of sun which suddenly pops up - I have been using this stuff on ALL my helmets for years and It works just fine for me - It was shown to me by a police motorcyclist about 1969 so its not a new idea!!!!

I use a Schuberth C3 with integrated sun visor and on occasions this does steam up a little but flick open the visor it clears in seconds problem resolved.

Like Tankbag mentioned earlier in the thread I also use a strip of electrical tape across the top of the visor this does act like a sunstrip in a car windshield or a bit like wearing a baseball cap while driving you can just dip your head a bit to get through that glare of sun which suddenly pops up - I have been using this stuff on ALL my helmets for years and It works just fine for me - It was shown to me by a police motorcyclist about 1969 so its not a new idea!!!!

I heard about the strip of electrical tape trick years ago and have used it ever since. A must for winter riding with low sun. :thumb:

I know that dark tinted visors are for track use only but in reality has anyone ever had any issues with the law "during daylight hours" with having a tinted visor? I've seen plenty of people riding with them.

I was out a couple of days ago and the sun, low in the sky, was brutal, I was considering fitting a tinted visor for days like that, I'm fortunate that visor changes on my helmet can be done really easily.

I just want other people opinions who may have or are using them.

Why not try a Helmet with a drop down sun visor in it

I think this says all about it. :cheers:

No problem with mine. Way prefer the look of a dark smoke visor than a drop down light smoke internal sun visor, though I appreciate the usefulness of that - especially when touring etc.

I did once carry a spare clear visor on my midriff (do guys have midriffs?!) above my hip under my jacket - couldn't feel it at all! Try it.

Only faggots. Most blokes have spare tyres. :lol: