Bike Shed/Storage Solution

Scholesfan

Hi all

So we're purchasing our first home and moving out of rented.

The new house unfortunately doesn't have a garage, but has space at the side and large rear garden to build one in the future.

Funds are obviously limited as the whole house buying thing is so expensive. However bike security is a priority and I need to find a solution before we get the keys.

Does anyone personally have/recommend a shed or similar that will last a couple of years until we can get a permanent structure in place?

It either needs to be large enough for bike plus lawn mower and other bits or I dont mind getting another shed for the mower and stuff if needed.

Cheers

SF

It may be worth investing in a wooden structure big enough for a bike and small workshop. It doesn't have to be temporary if the wood is treated with preservative on a regular basis. A concrete base may be useful to site it on.

You can buy metal sheds in 1 or 2 bike sizes, they're green powder coated sheet steel with pretty secure fitting doors. You make a base from concrete or paving slabs to sit it on. They're called calguard or wellguard or something like that and cost about £1500 if I remember correctly. Then there's the bike shelters which are like a pram hood, folding over the bike. Costs are about £150 or so. I got had one but thought it very flimsy and wouldn't stand up to our hurricane force winds so sold it on, on ebay. (but my neighbours had one for over a year and it still seems ok) I always use Oxford Stormex covers. They usually last 2 or 3 years and do a good job. Price about £80.

If the new house has patio doors just build a ramp and ride it into the living room 👍

Good idea - you'd have more space in the house too as your wife would leave you

What if she want to park her bike too?

If the new house has patio doors just build a ramp and ride it into the living room 👍

Good idea - you'd have more space in the house too as your wife would leave you

What if she want to park her bike too?

She rides?! Give me her number and I'll tell her where she can park her bike...