Balls of Steel!

XTreme

Temps down to 13C......even had to wear a jumper today! That's hardcore shit in my book!

So I ended up doing a few miles on badly surfaced (or not surfaced at all) unclassified roads at a pedestrian pace!

No support vehicle either!

That takes, without question, Balls of Steel!

vs137.thumb.jpg.5b2992219ebcd718bc4fcbec2424a8fd.jpg

vs138.thumb.jpg.f4da6e5f2ecd1568b478a112bfd935dc.jpg

vs139.thumb.jpg.da7d5d926a32455c714e91601bcbd65f.jpg

vs140.thumb.jpg.f765585ac2695d7bc5125ebc5e78d0de.jpg

vs141.thumb.jpg.7251b75fa3d4d670e64c3c7611f6a20a.jpg

vs142.thumb.jpg.98fe7a021cfcf9e7e28b5109cdb07501.jpg

And obviously......without a vid.....it didn't happen!

Good stuff as usual [mention]XTreme[/mention] , great little village at end of the vid, a pity you didn't show more of it. Just a thought, you're obviously a lone rider, what if the unthinkable happens, IE you break down or even worse come off the bike. Is there a breakdown or emergency service you can call upon to get you back up and running or home? or is it the hacienda of that then and the last we hear from you? 8-)

Good stuff as usual @XTreme , great little village at end of the vid, a pity you didn't show more of it. Just a thought, you're obviously a lone rider, what if the unthinkable happens, IE you break down or even worse come off the bike. Is there a breakdown or emergency service you can call upon to get you back up and running or home? or is it the hacienda of that then and the last we hear from you? 8-)

I always ride reliable bikes (Jap) and make sure they're well maintained!

Last time I binned it on the road was Feb 78 (110mph tank slapper).......and I don't see that streak ending anytime soon.

You'll see on rural tracks like today......I ride very slowly and deliberately on those because I'm aware of my limitations in that environment.

When the wheels hit tarmac then it's game on again........because my skillset there is at a totally different level.

And that's the key.......knowing your ability in different environments and adapting to it. Know your limitations.

And yes.....I have breakdown cover though in some areas there's no signal. But there's always farmers about in tractors etc so it won't be that long before somebody turns up.

In fact, more often that not when I stop to take a photo, a vehicle will turn up and ask if I'm OK.

Can't ever remember that happening in Britain but it happens all the time here.

Good stuff as usual @XTreme , great little village at end of the vid, a pity you didn't show more of it. Just a thought, you're obviously a lone rider, what if the unthinkable happens, IE you break down or even worse come off the bike. Is there a breakdown or emergency service you can call upon to get you back up and running or home? or is it the hacienda of that then and the last we hear from you? 8-)

Last time I binned it on the road was Feb 78 (110mph tank slapper).......and I don't see that streak ending anytime soon.

You'll see on rural tracks like today......I ride very slowly and deliberately on those because I'm aware of my limitations in that environment.

When the wheels hit tarmac then it's game on again........because my skillset there is at a totally different level.

And that's the key.......knowing your ability in different environments and adapting to it. Know your limitations.

And yes.....I have breakdown cover though in some areas there's no signal. But there's always farmers about in tractors etc so it won't be that long before somebody turns up.

In fact, more often that not when I stop to take a photo, a vehicle will turn up and ask if I'm OK.

Long may you keep it shiny side up and keep delivering your road exploits. 8-)

barsteward :mrgreen:

Long may you keep it shiny side up and keep delivering your road exploits. 8-)

barsteward :mrgreen:

Thing is, riding here is very different to riding in Britain.

You've seen where I live......I've got the roads to myself most of the time. I'm not out in bad weather, or in the night time.

Road users are different here. They may be useless drivers, but they only have a very limited range of stupid things they might do. I figured those out the first month I was here.

And they're not malicious psychos like they are in Britain.......they give bikes a lot of respect and plenty of room.

There's even old dodderers well into their 80's out on mopeds here.....usually carrying a f@cking tree or something! And when they get off they can't walk without crutches!

I couldn't cope with British roads now! Been too long!