What's the SECOND bike you ever had ?

fastbob

Ok , we can all probably remember the first bike we ever owned and if we had any sense at all it should have been our last . But some of us had no sense at all and went on to devote our lives to this ludicrous obsession. I'll start with my TR25 W . It's essentially a BSA Starfire badged as a Triumph and sold as a Trophy 250 .I flogged this for £200 . It would be worth about £3,500 now .

Polish_20191118_204405561.thumb.jpg.6a884430e002a50e4d769dcd87da3b08.jpg

1984 Honda CBX250RS-E, I had to have one after reading far too much of the Used Motorcycle Guide and discovering that not only was it one of very few bikes that Bill Fowler actually liked but also that it was about the fastest thing you could have on an old 33BHP restricted license. This is actually the ebay seller's picture:

https://i.imgur.com/tqBpptP.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

In October 2009 I won it for £430 on the proviso the top end made a racket (big surprise..) and then made Dad pick it up from Carlisle. He spent the winter fitting a different motor which didn't make a racket and generally tidying it up (he had no work at the time) and I then mercilessly thrashed it for 2000 miles until the mains started knocking.. Then I learnt an awful lot about bike mechanics while trolling about on bike #3. I semi-successfully fixed the CBX and still have it now, and it still brings the biggest smirk to my face with it's proper BAARRRRPP noise with a little induction roar thrown in.

Oi Rich save it for the later threads would ya?

Guest Richzx6r

1984 Honda CBX250RS-E, I had to have one after reading far too much of the Used Motorcycle Guide and discovering that not only was it one of very few bikes that Bill Fowler actually liked but also that it was about the fastest thing you could have on an old 33BHP restricted license. This is actually the ebay seller's picture:

https://i.imgur.com/tqBpptP.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

In October 2009 I won it for £430 on the proviso the top end made a racket (big surprise..) and then made Dad pick it up from Carlisle. He spent the winter fitting a different motor which didn't make a racket and generally tidying it up (he had no work at the time) and I then mercilessly thrashed it for 2000 miles until the mains started knocking.. Then I learnt an awful lot about bike mechanics while trolling about on bike #3. I semi-successfully fixed the CBX and still have it now, and it still brings the biggest smirk to my face with it's proper BAARRRRPP noise with a little induction roar thrown in.

Oi Rich save it for the later threads would ya?

:angel12: wat I do.....reveal too much too soon boss

My second bike was a 2003 Kawasaki bn125 eliminator which I enjoyed for a few years.

Number 3 was a 1985 Suzuki gas550 es in red and silver with the half fairing.....tho no license did have a drawback as I got pulled whilst riding it so to stop myself I rebuilt it and flogged it.

Number 4 after my 6 month ban was a Yamaha yzfr125 which I rode till I passed my test think I was on it for around a year.

Number 5 was my 2000 Kawasaki zx6r j1 (jigsaw to some on here)

And now I ride a 2003 Kawasaki zx6r a1p 636 though I am thinking about getting either a hayabusa or a zx12r

Woa ! Slow down , we've got all winter and a lot of boring time to kill . We're on second bikes here . I've owned 43 bikes and I bet some folk have had more . Admittedly a lot were sold on. Anyway , I was just curious about what people went for as a second bike possibly having learned from their initial venture into motorcycling .

Guest Richzx6r

My second bike was a 2003 Kawasaki bn125 eliminator which I enjoyed for a few years.

Number 3 was a 1985 Suzuki gas550 es in red and silver with the half fairing.....tho no license did have a drawback as I got pulled whilst riding it so to stop myself I rebuilt it and flogged it.

Number 4 after my 6 month ban was a Yamaha yzfr125 which I rode till I passed my test think I was on it for around a year.

Number 5 was my 2000 Kawasaki zx6r j1 (jigsaw to some on here)

And now I ride a 2003 Kawasaki zx6r a1p 636 though I am thinking about getting either a hayabusa or a zx12r

Woa ! Slow down , we've got all winter and a lot of boring time to kill . We're on second bikes here . I've owned 43 bikes and I bet some folk have had more . Admittedly a lot were sold on. Anyway , I was just curious about what people went for as a second bike possibly having learned from their initial venture into motorcycling .

Fixed :thumb:

1969 Vespa SS180 in 1971.......passed my test on it in fact!

Far better than the POS Lambretta I'd had previously.

Fell off it quite a lot as I recall......but I was only 17 so I bounced well in those days!

Still no blowjobs though! :(

Mine was a Honda CX500, bought for £400, ex despatch riders bike, big V Twin thumper, got me through a couple of crappy winters that bike, the day I bought it I nearly fell of on my way home, riding down Welford Road in Leicester, first ever shaft driven bike, went down the gearbox to fast and locked the back wheel! Lesson learnt.

[attachment=0]334.jpg[/attachment]

Honda 250 Dream... back in the day it was a pretty cool thing.

5372318.jpg

My mate had one . Next to my CB175 it looked enormous but I could easily keep up with it .

Honda 250 Dream... back in the day it was a pretty cool thing.

5372318.jpg

me too!

would'nt stop and wouldn't go but I loved it! Chucked it down the road after coming off on some diesel about 6 months later. :(

A Kawasaki KLE500, which I just checked and is still MOT'd and on the road. It will be 14 years old now.

Gotta love that ER5 / GPZ 500 engine .

IMG_20191017_172434892.thumb.jpg.b48fd841b33fb429488c3968eaa04fe4.jpg

Had around 40 bikes now. Will have to make a list.

Second bike was an early Suzuki TS125.

I can remember screaming it through the lanes one evening, the poor thing, till it died. Woodruff key on the stator flywheel snapped off.

All part of the learning curve!