• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@JRH

Tried the leaving late trick!

That bast*rds got me! :crybaby:

I had to pay my 12 quid :lol:

Maybe they have got wise to it

Oopps :lol:

On the plus side I got a good deal on some custom earplugs so took the plunge :)

@JRH

Tried the leaving late trick!

That bast*rds got me! :crybaby:

I had to pay my 12 quid :lol:

Maybe they have got wise to it

On the plus side I got a good deal on some custom earplugs so took the plunge :)

Hope you get on with them ok. I had custom earplugs several years ago and they were fine. Changed my helmet a couple of years ago and not they begin to hurt after an hour or so. Think the new helmet presses more on the ears and pinches the ear plugs against my glasses. And before you say wear contact, I have those but then can’t read the instrument cluster or my SatNav. :roll:

Hope you get on with them ok. I had custom earplugs several years ago and they were fine. Changed my helmet a couple of years ago and not they begin to hurt after an hour or so. Think the new helmet presses more on the ears and pinches the ear plugs against my glasses. And before you say wear contact, I have those but then can’t read the instrument cluster or my SatNav. :roll:

For the price I paid I thought sod it I am going to try them!

Plus the wife really struggles for earplugs too! so she has a set!

We both have Arai helmets and they have pretty decent space around ears so I am hoping that's not going to be an issue

My wife and I went to the show yesterday and had a great day. I have to say there were some really threat stands and some not so. The Ducati stand seemed over cluttered and a little uninspiring. Harley, Kawasaki, zontes, kymco and Benelli had great stands with really knowledgeable reps there.

Some of these better Chinese brands have really upped their games.

The new vstrom 1050 was impressive and a big improvement on the tired old model.

I only managed to get my pockets emptied by the renapur leather balsam stand and signed up for the IAM course and saved a considerable amount.

Well worth a visit, however note if anyone is going by train there is large-scale disruption on Saturdays if you have to use the local train operator who are having a series of strikes!!!!

I only managed to get my pockets emptied by the renapur leather balsam stand

I bought some of this over 12 maybe 13 years ago!

still have loads left!

I didn't pay £12 a tub that they are selling it at now though :lol:

I only managed to get my pockets emptied by the renapur leather balsam stand

I bought some of this over 12 maybe 13 years ago!

still have loads left!

I didn't pay £12 a tub that they are selling it at now though :lol:

Yes not so cheap now I guess but looks as though it will last. I had some Frank Thomas leather cleaner in an aerosol it was shite at least this will keep me going for years

I worked there for about seven bike shows on the M&P stand and over those years I noticed a steady decline in the size of the show . My perception was that the prices charged by the NEC had driven away the smaller more interesting exhibitors in favour of the bigger corporations . If I cast my mind back even further I can remember when the local bike club of which I was member , could afford to rent a small stand just to promote a series of rallies . Don't let me put you off going but I'm just saying that it's nowhere near as diverse as it used to be .

No you are right there could have been a lot more exhibitors there and more variety. There were plenty of ear plugs stands but very lacking in other departments. It would have been nice to see more tyre exhibitors and some other manufacturers. Still a great day but I have to say I enjoyed this year's llangollen festival which I'll be making sure I go to next year.