Where to put my Ghost

Hi gang.

After my experience with insurance etc I decided to buy a ghost drift camera to record my experiences in case of bad experiences and wanting evidence.

I may also enjoy making videos who knows.

I have a modular helmet (I think that is what flip up helmets are called. I’m struggling to work out where to put it on the helmet.

The only place I find it easy to place so there is no helmet in shot is on top of the lid but then I have to put the camera on after the lid is on because I put my lid on with the flip up. That is why I bought it. Plus I never see cameras on the top of other helmets is there a reason why?

Does it matter if it's mounted on the flip part?, you can use sugru to mould a mount if the shape is not suitable for normal bracket, will it mount behind flip section, again sugru can be used to get angle correct and the drift mount is very adjustable rotational wise.

I've got a Drift and a modular Schuberth helmet. I mounted the camera just behind the opening part of the helmet on the right hand side and with judicious adjustment of the lens get a full view of the road ahead. Works well.

I'm a bit cautious about anything on helmets that might affect how things go in the event of an off. I looked on Amazon and bought an Exshow mount for £12.99. I wasn't expecting too much at that price but it does a great job. It clamps onto the handlebar which seems to be a pretty good view of what's going on.

I pasted the link but it was deleted for some reason.