Challenge 2019 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

[mention]Hoggs[/mention] or Admin, can you raise the upper limit on the challenge score as I've reached the limit :cheers:

At the half way point now....

[mention]Hoggs[/mention] The Riverside bar & Eatery by Hereford is inside a barrier controlled caravan park & they won’t let me onto the park so a photo of the caravan park entrance will have to do 👍

Plus.....Kilvert Museum no longer exists, its now a private house, so a photo of the building is all we can do :thumb:

Hopley's Cafe is a bit difficult to find. I rode past it twice before I spotted the small sign (only visible when going north) - And it was closed!

The entrance is opposite a rather large gated building called 'The Hall' which will be on your left as you go south through the village.

Parking is also not easy (for a heavy bike) - decided to park on the main road and walk back to the sign for the photo.

Currently too hot to ride far so, next tags at the weekend.

8-)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[mention]oldgrump[/mention] which tag in south west England didn’t you do??? as in your signature it says 11/12

out of all the miles you have travelled, you only got 4 dealerships ??

@oldgrump which tag in south west England didn’t you do??? as in your signature it says 11/12

Hi [mention]BabyD[/mention] , still got to do Sammy Millers, been over there 5 times this year, even done 2 Autojumbles there but never on the bike :D

As for Dealerships i keep forgetting them, might try and do them now, now that i finished getting the RBR photo's.

Did you do the National Road Rally?

still got to do Sammy Millers, been over there 5 times this year, even done 2 Autojumbles there but never on the bike :D

Tuesday morning there is a meting in there full of GOG with mainly classic bikes although all bikes are welcome ;)

Park up in the courtyard (tuesdays AM only).

still got to do Sammy Millers, been over there 5 times this year, even done 2 Autojumbles there but never on the bike :D

Tuesday morning there is a meting in there full of GOG with mainly classic bikes although all bikes are welcome ;)

Park up in the courtyard (tuesdays AM only).

Hi [mention]onesea[/mention] will have to try to get over there, are you over there on Tuesday's at the moment.

Hi @onesea will have to try to get over there, are you over there on Tuesday's at the moment.

I dont get there as much as I used to it depends on my shift pattern, they carry on meeting all year. Plus when I get the chance to be out I am tend to ride further than a handful of miles down the road. If you PM Me your going I will try and get there, although if I recall you know a couple of the regulars.

Not even certain I have tagged it this year!

@Hoggs just wondering I know I have not scored for a whilst but I notice I have dropped off the score board?

Hoping it's mistake...

Hello! I've been held hostage in Six30s basement. But I've now escaped and will do an update tomorrow :mrgreen:

@Hoggs just wondering I know I have not scored for a whilst but I notice I have dropped off the score board?

Hoping it's mistake...

Hello! I've been held hostage in Six30s basement. But I've now escaped and will do an update tomorrow :mrgreen:

No rush I have not got a tag for months...

As long as the release fee was not him being a moderator and trust after you resolved the situation Six30 is now in a place of his nightmares.

Although the places of Six30's nightmares is beyond my comprehension :shock:

@oldgrump which tag in south west England didn’t you do??? as in your signature it says 11/12

Hi @BabyD , still got to do Sammy Millers, been over there 5 times this year, even done 2 Autojumbles there but never on the bike :D

As for Dealerships i keep forgetting them, might try and do them now, now that i finished getting the RBR photo's.

Did you do the National Road Rally?

Sorry for the late reply, no I didn’t do the national rally as the last 4-5 months been 2 busy to do anything really

[mention]mike_smith[/mention] to answer some of your questions over on the pictures tread, I make your score 1770 below is how I came upon that number:

you have uploaded 171 photos of which lots are duplicates

below is the challenge map with all your successful tags removed

971044561_CompletedTags.thumb.png.e85b7e3b25b5769b0611d11556d28988.png

Dealers 10/10 100+50 bonus = 150

Pubs 10/10 100+50 bonus = 150

Tracks 15/20 = 150

North & South Scotland 6/24 = 60

NorthEast & NorthWest England 12/12 120+50 bonus = 170

East & West Midlands 24/24 = 240+50 bonus = 290

East of England 12/12 = 120+50 bonus = 170

South East England 12/12 120+50 bonus = 170

South West England 12/12 120+50 bonus = 170

North & South Wales 24/24 240+50 bonus = 290

woah there! the 50 point bonus IS applied to east and west Midlands and also North and South Wales.

If it's a different colour on the map it's a different region.

So [mention]mike_smith[/mention] sounds like your scoring was correct.... unless you haven't got Gaydon museum in which case -50

I will try and check at some point, but things have been a bit crazy

Hello

Yes I got Gaydon it was closed but I took a photo of the sig by the entrance

646764111_WMGAYDONMOTORMUSEUM.thumb.JPG.b27af999061e683b2c0b4df351bd97d8.JPG

As you are the organiser I will go with you and reset my total including bonuses to 1860

Thanks for organising the challenge - I have organised some before and know its not easy - but the best form of thanks is loads of entries it makes it worthwhile

Mike Smith

guess I should start looking at next year's soon :shock: :lol:

Hi [mention]Hoggs[/mention], thanks for organising this years Photo Rally, and i hope you do, do another one next year.

Especially liked some off the Cafe's this year, apart from the fact, me and the wife ate at to many of them :oops: and look forward hopefully to next years mix :D

And maybe bumping into some members somewhere?