Post by fastbob » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:23 pm

QBoiii wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:02 am
fastbob wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:57 pm
QBoiii wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:45 pm
Thank you Stu!

That makes sense, I recently brought some mountain bike pedals from Amazon which snapped the first time I took them out. The company was Chinese and were literally pleading with me for a good review. They also tried the 50% refund route. Gits :lol: :lol:
Err , I'm not Stu , I'm Rob or Fastbob ( Some would argue Slowbob since I went Harley Davidson ) Good luck whatever you choose to do .
Sorry for the confusion Bob, I was saying thanks to Stu who welcomed me in the middle of our posts. This Forum business may take me a while to get used to!

Thanks Bianco aswell, those look spot on to me!
If you're struggling with this forum then may I suggest that don't touch Facebook with a Bargepole . 😜

Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

geofferz
Subscriber
Bike(s): Yamaha mt10
Has liked: 1293 times
Been liked: 854 times

Re: Hello

Post by geofferz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:56 pm

QBoiii wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:44 pm
Thank you very much guys!

That's interesting Fastbob, it did all look fairly legitimate but alarm bells started ringing when it claimed it came with a "free gift" which I've since been told is just how they get around some form of import tax. I'm glad yours worked out ok though, that has installed some confidence in them :D :D Like you say, for the price its worth taking a punt. I think it was £500 for the lot delivered.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun abit, now I'm not so sure. What would you guys do? Take a chance on the imported fairings being decent? If they aren't then its £500 down the swanny but at least I wont have hacked my bike apart.My other option is start on the street fighter look. Cheap but it can look cheap if not done properly but it would be one of a kind. especially around here.

This is it at the moment, aside from an aftermarket exhaust

download/file.php?mode=view&id=29434
I know a guy who put Chinese fairings on a vfr400 last week and he said...
Screenshot_20191205-155615_WhatsApp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spanker of cyclists' arses

JRH
The Hoggfather!
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Challenge score: 250
Has liked: 840 times
Been liked: 990 times

Post by JRH » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi and welcome
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750

2020 challenge 100

Pubs 6 / 10
Churches 10 / 10
West Midlands 2 / 12
South Wales 1 / 12
Hoggs Bonus 1 / 15

Takanta
Subscriber
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Takanta » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Hello. Welcome to the forum
I can't even remember what I was laughing at .

QBoiii
Bike(s): YZF600R
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by QBoiii » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:58 pm

Thank you very much everyone!

@geofferz That is spot on mate thank you so much! You really went above and beyond there. Might just have been a message and screenshot but it really meant a lot to me and has given me a lot more faith so thank you very much!

Mr Fro
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZX6r, ZXR750L Turbo
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 872 times

Post by Mr Fro » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:44 am

Hello mate.

I grew up in Broadstairs and planet Thanet in general. :shock:

Anyway, I've got a set of Chinese fairings on my ninja - been on there maybe 10 years or so. They're pretty good but like Geofferz said, the fit wasn't spot on and needed a bit of fiddling to get right. Also, the paint is a slightly different shade than the original so in certain light the fairings look a bit dull next to the tank (which is original).

You can definitely tell they were made on the cheap - the paint is a bit thin and not lacquered so they're starting to look tatty, some of the decals look suspiciously like they're cut out of paper etc... Otherwise they're really good value compared to new OEM panels.

QBoiii
Bike(s): YZF600R
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by QBoiii » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:11 am

Hiya @Mr Fro, funny old place Thanet. I'm not sure when the last time you came back was but I doubt you'd recognise it now!

Thanks for the gen, the company I've been looking at does the same as I have at the moment with the racing decals but from what you've said do you think I will be better going for a plain colour and adding the decals separately? Then maybe a few layers of lacquer?

Return to “Newbies”