Attempted theft - help

KingMilk8

Hello guys,

I woke up this morning at around 6:25 to my mum shouting that there are 4 guys trying to take my bike from out front, obviously superman instincts kicked in and I scared them off waving a pair of scissors as it was the closest thing i could grab on the way downstairs.. i have a Honda CB125F brand new 500 miles on the clock, it had a armored chain on the rear wheel and steering lock engaged.

The bike has now got a broken steering lock and messed up ignition and bent handlebars.

I have made a police report telling them as much detail as I could, I'm almost certain they were on a black X-MAX 125. obviously no plates.

I'm shaken up about the incident to say the least, I'm only 19 and 4 other 19 year olds vs me would not have been a good outcome.

If anyone knows what else i should do? or how i should go around the repairs? my guess from my amateur examination is that the entire ignition barrel needs replacing and the handlebars too.

alternatively do i call my insurance and tell them. ? its £500 excess.. so would it be cheaper to take it to a garage?

The bike is currently locked with every bit of security equipment in my metal shed which is also blocked and locked.

For information this happened In Ashford Surrey at 6:25 this morning. one of the guys had a green parka jacket with a fur hood, others had grey/blue/black hoodies and tracksuits. It was dark it was hard to tell detail. And before anyone says it was stupid to chase them, i know but i dont regret doing it as in the end ive kept my bike but unfortunately with the damage that it took.

****** little rats damaging peoples property.

Guest Richzx6r

Can you get your bike round the back in to your garden, bar getting some heavies to guard the bike that will be safest option for the future as I garrantee they will be back.

As for repairs it would be cheaper and easier to replace the parts yourself it shouldn't cost too much to get replacement bars and locks

Sorry about that mate :? Well done scaring them off - I think they usually run, but you're right - you should be careful. It's not worth getting stabbed over a Honda :wink:

Take it to a garage and get a quote for the works - if it's less than the excess then cough up. Follow up with the cops and chase them up, and maybe in future get a bike cover (thieves say its probably the biggest deterrent), an alarm, and where possibly shackle it to a lamp post or get a ground anchor if possible. Or a metal shed. And a baseball bat (though you'd probably get locked up if you hit them).

Can you get your bike round the back in to your garden, bar getting some heavies to guard the bike that will be safest option for the future as I garrantee they will be back.

As for repairs it would be cheaper and easier to replace the parts yourself it shouldn't cost too much to get replacement bars and locks

I have locked it in my neighbours garage for today, but will move it to my metal shed once im back from work. and yeah i hope the cost wont be much over £300 otherwise christmas will be on a budget!

Sorry about that mate :? Well done scaring them off - I think they usually run, but you're right - you should be careful. It's not worth getting stabbed over a Honda :wink:

Take it to a garage and get a quote for the works - if it's less than the excess then cough up. Follow up with the cops and chase them up, and maybe in future get a bike cover (thieves say its probably the biggest deterrent), an alarm, and where possibly shackle it to a lamp post or get a ground anchor if possible. Or a metal shed. And a baseball bat (though you'd probably get locked up if you hit them).

Thank you, and yeah definitely not worth losing a life over a 125. I will contact my Honda Dealer and have them take a look, ive called the police and made a report, this was honestly the one off night i got home late and didnt cover it up :( goes to show it does work. Im gutted, but glad ive still got the bike. I will lock it in my metal shed tonight. Many thanks and ill take my chances with the bat next time ;) even for intimidation.

Look at getting an expensive alarmed disc lock, I've got the stainless steel Oxford Alpha XA14. It's not too sensitive so never goes off without reason.

Will definitely be getting one. Got a quote from my honda dealer repair is £160 which is a lot better than i thought.. will be tripling up on locks for sure, i will look into the one you mentioned it sounds very sturdy.

What are the chances of them coming back to try again? Anything i can do to prepare for it this time?

Look at getting an expensive alarmed disc lock, I've got the stainless steel Oxford Alpha XA14. It's not too sensitive so never goes off without reason.

Will definitely be getting one. Got a quote from my honda dealer repair is £160 which is a lot better than i thought.. will be tripling up on locks for sure, i will look into the one you mentioned it sounds very sturdy.

What are the chances of them coming back to try again? Anything i can do to prepare for it this time?

Invest couple of hundreds in good crossbow, some motion sensor around the bike and wait :thumb

Invest couple of hundreds in good crossbow, some motion sensor around the bike and wait :thumb

Will buy a 120lbs crossbow today, theres a shop nearby. i will also invest in a camera facing both front and back of house. might be a good idea.

Sorry to hear about your traumatic incident . There are 96 results for CBF Handlebars on eBay . Let's not get into the morals of this , but if you kill someone with a Crossbow you will go to prison for a long time and they don't have motorbikes in there .

Sorry to hear about your traumatic incident . There are 96 results for CBF Handlebars on eBay . Let's not get into the morals of this , but if you kill someone with a Crossbow you will go to prison for a long time and they don't have motorbikes in there .

will look into the ebay bars! And haha i know i know! dont worry im not daft enough to pull a stunt like that! But i will definitely secure the hell out of this bike as soon as its repaired. Im just worried theyll come back, not so much for the bike but just afraid for my family if you understand what i mean.

Not good mate ...in ni some people would find out who it was and show them there errors of wisdom and offer them to show how sorry they are for the upset caused ..lol. :crybaby:

I wish someone like that existed :( trying to get hands on cctv from nearby shops.

Recently bought some cameras myself.

Got them from Screwfix made by a company owned by Amazon called "Blink" XT2 was the model and I have been very pleased with them.

Cheers

Ian

Many thanks Ian! I had a look at these exact cameras yesterday, i will most likely get one or 2 and hang it up in front of the drive and hook it up to a spare pc i have and just record it on a loop so i can view it in my office. thanks Ian!

The late trauma has kicked in.. i feel like a fool for running out like that at 4 potentially armed robbers. But if i didnt the bike wouldnt be here. I just hate this feeling i have right now, i worked so hard for this bike im only 19, i was saving up to do my A2 license, but thats just going to be a big set back.

Stay safe out there boys, thank you all so much for the help and support i truly appreciate it. I hope these little ***** learn their lesson, they might not get caught now but the day that they will will hopefully open their eyes.

Its not fair that we work so hard to be able to afford our beloved motorbikes and for some lazy dix to come and steal them because they cannot be arsed to work for it themselves, they just think "hmm why do the work myself when i can steal some one elses."

Stay safe.

Recently bought some cameras myself.

Got them from Screwfix made by a company owned by Amazon called "Blink" XT2 was the model and I have been very pleased with them.

Cheers

Ian

Many thanks Ian! I had a look at these exact cameras yesterday, i will most likely get one or 2 and hang it up in front of the drive and hook it up to a spare pc i have and just record it on a loop so i can view it in my office. thanks Ian!

Actually one of the reasons I liked them is you don't need to link to a laptop.

You can just save any notifications on your phone and if they are important just email them to yourself.

Cheers

Ian

Does anyone know a good reliable motorcycle tracker? Im more than likely going to get one. I dont want to risk this again, considering they will come back to finish the job its a good idea..

Automatrics Mtrack seem to be a good option for a tracker, they use GPS and RF signal. They have a YouTube channel of them recovering stolen bikes and all sorts of vehicles, they also cover the recovery costs up to £200.

UPDATE:

My Boss, instead of giving me a christmas bonus has kindly paid for the entire repair and first service. My Christmas has been saved, i am back on the road!

Ive ordered some CCTV Cameras, one indoor one outdoor and will be mounting the anchor this weekend!

Many thanks for all of your support <3

Ride safe!