Current Affairs comments.

Smithers

What a result. If this isn't a finger up to the EU I don't know what is.

It's probably more complicated than that. I voted to remain in the EU back in 2016 and still strongly feel that our exit is a colossal mistake. I have always been a floating voter, but just as I loathed Johnson and his silly "Oven-ready Brexit" twaddle I was also deeply uncomfortable with the Lib-Dem pledge to arbitrarily ignore the result of a democratic referendum. That's just not the way things should be done. In that sense, the Labour pledge to put the issue back to the people with a second referendum was by far the most appealing to me, but there is no way I would ever vote Labour whilst Corbyn and his cronies are in charge.

I think there are a lot of people who don't want Brexit, but who see the Conservatives as the least worst option. They are at least a party of government, unlike the fringe lunacy of Labour and the Lib-Dems. I genuinely considered voting Tory before chickening out at the last minute and voting Lib-Dem on the basis that they hadn't got a hope in hell, and that I could leave the polling station with my middle class sensibilities in tact, safe in the knowledge that I'd never have to take any responsibility for the outcome.

:D

It's probably more complicated than that. I voted to remain in the EU back in 2016 and still strongly feel that our exit is a colossal mistake. I have always been a floating voter, but just as I loathed Johnson and his silly "Oven-ready Brexit" twaddle I was also deeply uncomfortable with the Lib-Dem pledge to arbitrarily ignore the result of a democratic referendum. That's just not the way things should be done. In that sense, the Labour pledge to put the issue back to the people with a second referendum was by far the most appealing to me, but there is no way I would ever vote Labour whilst Corbyn and his cronies are in charge.

I think there are a lot of people who don't want Brexit, but who see the Conservatives as the least worst option. They are at least a party of government, unlike the fringe lunacy of Labour and the Lib-Dems. I genuinely considered voting Tory before chickening out at the last minute and voting Lib-Dem on the basis that they hadn't got a hope in hell, and that I could leave the polling station with my middle class sensibilities in tact, safe in the knowledge that I'd never have to take any responsibility for the outcome.

you dissapointed me Mark .... you didn't vot for the Elvis party :shock:

Hats off to Mr Corbyn the conservatives couldn't have done it without him 😂

I think Diane Abbott would make a great oppositin leader for the conservatives.

Do you remember when Cameron laughed at him across the despatch box, saying something along the lines of "It suits us to have you sitting there, but it's not much good for democracy"? Labour have never been a credible party of opposition with Corbyn at the helm, and still he doesn't fully get it: We don't need a period of quiet reflection, we need him and his fringe loonies to clear off - now.

I agree with a lot that you say Mark and in effect you've just summed up what a great democracy that we live in where people have the freedom to vote with their conscience.

My considered thoughts.

As someone who voted labour and still lives in a labour seat, who also voted remain.

I think Corbyn was the issue.

The country was not prepared to trust him. A lot of the policies were too far left for many. Add the brexit debacle and it was a recipe for disaster.

Thus the working class young had no idea in reality of his manifesto and a lot couldn't comprehend it. I saw this first hand at work.

Nobody under 50 has had an opportunity to vote for the like previously.

Yes the scare mongering worked but you cant blame everything on the right wing media.

I just hope the same working class voters dont all regret it when their NHS is in trumps hands......

What a result. If this isn't a finger up to the EU I don't know what is. Most pleasing was the ousting of Swinson, Grieve, Soubry, Gauke, Umunna and many more saboteurs of Parliament and democracy. In the words of Janet Daley (Telegraph today) the British people are wise, undaunted and magnificent. :thumb:

Exactly. :thumb:

My considered thoughts.

As someone who voted labour and still lives in a labour seat, who also voted remain.

The country was not prepared to trust him. A lot of the policies were too far left for many. Add the brexit debacle and it was a recipe for disaster.

Thus the working class young had no idea in reality of his manifesto and a lot couldn't comprehend it. I saw this first hand at work.

Yes the scare mongering worked but you cant blame everything on the right wing media.

I just hope the same working class voters dont all regret it when their NHS is in trumps hands......

The NHS wont be in Americas hands... come on neil that was all Corbyn could come up with to try and get votes.

Spotted early this morning on a calm Bay of Biscay, @XTreme looking for the English coast to come and cast his vote.

XTreme trying to find Blighty .jpg

Well that didn’t go to plan...

62A0DD44-5D0D-4589-9168-9EDF8BFCE467.jpeg.0bcda5eb4400f96460f93accc90e5503.jpeg

I always said Corbyn was unelectable......and this is the definitive verdict.

He's now lost 2 General Elections, 2 votes of no confidence, one EU election, and one Local Election.

And the f@cker is still not immediately resigning!

He's now lost 2 General Elections, 2 votes of no confidence, one EU election, and one Local Election.

some people just don't get it!

some people just don't get it!

He's setting it up so he can put another one of his Marxist clones in there!

Have to wait and see who the members elect, I hear Sooty is getting in to politics and maybe the Labour yoof wil elect him , always good to have a puppet in charge :lol:

Momentum will decide so that will be labour still fooked, I may pay and join just so I can back the worst candidate going 😁

Please let this idiot go for corbyn’s job.

This is typical of what media does! people see shit and think its true! people need to stop this shit and do their research!

Its photoshopped!!!!

79407729_10221556362445130_721348604995829760_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=CPVKlu0MRaoAQkhKjlSBhEIhcHH30vsDZow5c_mr0TG9VRpMW4ltviWbw&_nc_ht=scontent.fhuy2-1.fna&oh=2f6a6a7a779d980745b96b287e2edfb6&oe=5E724129

This is typical of what media does! people see shit and think its true! people need to stop this shit and do their research!

Its photoshopped!!!!

79407729_10221556362445130_721348604995829760_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=CPVKlu0MRaoAQkhKjlSBhEIhcHH30vsDZow5c_mr0TG9VRpMW4ltviWbw&_nc_ht=scontent.fhuy2-1.fna&oh=2f6a6a7a779d980745b96b287e2edfb6&oe=5E724129

yours is the photo shop , or it might be the next day or she might of gone home for lunch and changed. :booty:

Its photoshopped!!!!

yours is the photo shop , or it might be the next day or she might of gone home for lunch and changed. :booty:

Or it could just well be bollox :mrgreen:

My considered thoughts.

The NHS wont be in Americas hands... come on neil that was all Corbyn could come up with to try and get votes.

The biggest and most worrying thing for Labour is the loss of the white working class vote. The massive chinks in the so called northern wall of red.

I for one are absolutely astonished Wakefield has turned blue. I genuinely think this has to be a turning point.

Maybe labour need to ditch the Islington elite??

Have to wait and see who the members elect, I hear Sooty is getting in to politics and maybe the Labour yoof wil elect him , always good to have a puppet in charge :lol:

You are correct.

I will cast my vote for the person i deem best qualified to lead labour.

And lets be honest its got jack shit to do with anyone else now. Especially those who vote for an undemocratic party where MP's decide.

Its photoshopped!!!!

if it was any one else in the picture then yeh.... but it the Abbot :wink:

if it was any one else in the picture then yeh.... but it the Abbot :wink:

I don't care about her and her boyfriend!

I just like real news not fake shit :thumb: