What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

Rebuilt the delivery head for the Loobman on the Kawasaki as it had been caught by a very loose chain and basically torn to bits.. A very dirty/greasy job but it's better than ever now, with extra cable ties to hold it together. The amount of salt about is incredible, massive amounts of lube are definitely required.

Then I moved the K100's tool kit from the area in the rear to under the seat to stop it rattling about so much and noticed a loose screw that should be holding the ABS brain in place.. I ended up tightening nearly every fastener for the rear plastic! I think I need to go over it thoroughly..

Traumatic experience out on the bike today.......I actually encountered two cars on the road.

Had to think back to what I used to do in Britain when that happened!

I got through it!

Gave it a wash down, the amount of road salt that had built up was horrendous. I also did an oil and filter change. I've still got an issue where one heated grip is warmer than the other, I need to check the wiring but it's under the tank and I had just filled it up so it was rather heavy. I'll burn through it and sort it this weekend.

I did a proper job on the headlight of the cg.

I managed to wangle a bog standard 472 bulb in there with minimal adaptation. Going from 35 W to 55 W is fan-f*cking-tastic. I could see on my way home tonight!

Nothing to the bike!

But my earplugs are here!

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1576244692945.jpeg

Bit late now ..... but I had mine in different colours so I could instantly know which went in which ear.

Nothing to the bike!

But my earplugs are here!

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1576244692945.jpeg

Bit late now ..... but I had mine in different colours so I could instantly know which went in which ear.

They have a different colour dot on each one for that :thumb:

Red dot to left and blue to right or is it the other way round :scratch: :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Spent a happy hour underneath it with a tin of paraffin and a toothbrush cleaning many miles of hardened crap off the bottom of the engine.

I too need to give mine some tlc as where iv been using the tin can I have kinda neglected my duties :cry:

Having gone for a run where the gritters came out, I have been cleaning the chain that had rusted shockingly quickly in just a couple of days.

Note to self - no matter how much you want to ride, don't go out when the gritters are out. :(

Put it back together..

Had a very strange thing happen. Filling up at the petrol station clear liquid started pouring out of my bike. I put my finger in it and tasted it and it seemed to taste like antifreeze. I shut off the pump and pushed my bike home (about a mile) I started on taking the radiator out but fading light and cold wind forced me back indoors.

This morning I eventually got the radiator off but could find no leaks! Filled it back up and went for a ride, all ok.

The water? was running off the radiator finning in the petrol station so I assumed it was coolant. But the coolant was actually bright green so it must have been water, but where from. I reckon there was at least half a litre.

I'm left mystified as to where what I can only assume was water came from. I don't hose my bike down or leave it uncovered in the rain. I've never had a problem like this in 50 years of riding. :roll:

Bikes a CBF600S by the way.

it was actually yesterday, but fitted a HID light to the CBF600. Wow, what a difference it makes. I should now be able to see the rural roads I commute on now. :thumb:

What did you fit and how is the beam pattern?

it was actually yesterday, but fitted a HID light to the CBF600. Wow, what a difference it makes. I should now be able to see the rural roads I commute on now. :thumb:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HID-H7-Headlamp-Conversion-Honda-CBF1000-A-06-CBF600SA/170579454237?hash=item27b753e91d:g:vKIAAOSwjk9ZQl5F

one of these, and beam pattern is brilliant. I can actually see the road for quite a distance in front without having to use high beam and dazzle oncoming traffic

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HID-H7-Headlamp-Conversion-Honda-CBF1000-A-06-CBF600SA/170579454237?hash=item27b753e91d:g:vKIAAOSwjk9ZQl5F

one of these, and beam pattern is brilliant. I can actually see the road for quite a distance in front without having to use high beam and dazzle oncoming traffic

Fingers crossed for the next mot then ...