A question about the theory test.

So, a co-worker of mine has now failed his theory test 4 times... And Im hoping you lot can point me in the right direction to help him.. he seems to be having the greater problem with the hazard awareness. is there anything he can study or practice on to get past this hurdle?

69488771_392237711495440_8525687310090502144_n.jpg.1c6cbecb8d24d26412072ff4dbfc7323.jpg 68310292_590063448189542_334936629372256256_n.jpg.aa7e523a8ad35aa68090eadad9ddb667.jpg

There are training dvd and apps available, after 4 attempts he should be building up an idea of how it works, most of the hazards have a precursor ie if your on a motorway it's going to be something joining leaving. If your on an empty Road and the trees are blowing it's crosswind, country lane something will be lurking round a bend etc etc

Does he drive a car? I've been driving and riding for 50 years and I tried the hazard test and failed. The problem is if you have a lot of experience it is all automatic and you don't think about the hazards it is automatically done.

You have to treat it like a computer game and practice practice practice.

with the hazard awareness, the double click method helps. Click when you think the hazard is there, then click again a second later. Often when you think something is going to become a hazard it hasn't yet, so the second click gets it. You won't get 0 marks for over clicking if you are just doing two

There are also a lot of apps available that has the theory test questions on them. I had used Theory Test Genie that is available on iPhone, it's free and I just took the mock tests to practice the questions on it. In terms of Hazard Perception, all I did was try the 3 videos on this website:

https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/practice-hazard-perception-test

It shows you where you clicked to give an idea of if you got the hazard right which was good. :)

The hazard perception test is bullshit. Just click as soon as you see a hazard, then again like a second later, then as it develops keep clicking and don't stop till you've passed it. If you don't get a fail for too many clicks then click more!

Many people seem to struggle with this, you're supposed to click (or start clicking) when the hazard is developing i.e. some kind of reaction is needed from you the driver. You don't click at every perceivable hazard.

Woman walking a dog along the pavement? No click. Dog runs out into the road right in front of you? Click, wait ~1.5 seconds (until the dog is metres away) and click again. It's a good way to score points but don't spam it with clicks or they won't count (or maybe even count against you, I can't remember exactly).

Many people seem to struggle with this, you're supposed to click (or start clicking) when the hazard is developing i.e. some kind of reaction is needed from you the driver. You don't click at every perceivable hazard.

Woman walking a dog along the pavement? No click. Dog runs out into the road right in front of you? Click, wait ~1.5 seconds (until the dog is metres away) and click again. It's a good way to score points but don't spam it with clicks or they won't count (or maybe even count against you, I can't remember exactly).

Won't count against you - they will fail you on a clip immediately if you take the piss and click constantly but otherwise go nuts and click at anything.

I used this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glenmax.theorytest.motowithhpt

There is a free version but after failed attempts it's probably worth the £2.50.

I used the paid version and found it incredibly useful, used it everyday for a couple of weeks and passed first time. Well worth a couple of quid!

• 3 months later...

All the hoops you have to jump through these days, and the standard of driving is the worst ever.

I think It’s because you are taught to pass the test and not necessarily to drive correctly all the time.

All the hoops you have to jump through these days, and the standard of driving is the worst ever.

I think It’s because you are taught to pass the test and not necessarily to drive correctly all the time.

I disagree, people in general are just knobs, this is filtering through to the roads more and more.

Sun night car stopped at junction, Driver sat texting, no intention of moving, used horn, drove around them didn't even lift her head, f**k everyone else I'm busy.