ER6F 2006 stock exhaust noise complaint!?

hussnainh8

Hi,

So today I turned up to go to my girlfriends house who lives in a shared property and I parked the bike up to see her crying. I went inside and the other tenant who lives there as it is a shared house started having a go at me swearing at me that my exhaust is too loud. I told him to calm down first of all and do not swear at me and then I told him that im sorry but there is nothing I can do if the exhaust is too loud. I do not rev the bike intentially or anything and when starting the bike up from a cold start it is a bit loud which is normal for motorbikes and it passed its MOT recently with a stock exhaust on it so I cant see how I am pissing anyone off?

Im afraid that I go to her house and that he will complain about me and the agency will not let me visit her so what can I do? I have to pay a parking permit to park outside her house which I did and when I go home which can be around 1 - 2am as I see her around 10pm after work. So all I literally do is start it up get on and drive off back home, no unnecessary revving or anything. It is not my fault the bike itself is loud when you first turn it on and it is a stock exhaust therefore I am not breaking any laws? How can I stop him from complaining to the agency as they could tell me I am not allowed to visit the house any more therefore I wont be able to see my girlfriend. I mean I can understand its 1-2am and thats hes probably trying to sleep and that his room is downstairs right next to the street however what can I do if I am just starting my bike and riding home? Im not purposely trying to rev and piss people off or anything...

I know he can complain about me to police but I am running a standard exhaust therefore it meets the law requirements any way and as for having to start it up at night to go home well what else can he expect me to do? It weights nearly 200kg to be pushed anywhere therefore I have to start it where it is which seeing as the road is always busy there, it sometimes is right outside the house on the street. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Haha good idea but I dont want to end up in prison for that 😂 and why should I need to park up the road or in a certain area? Thats not fair as I am paying a parking permit to park on the road therefore I should be able to park anywhere in the bays... The street at night is very busy and you would be lucky to even find a parking space other than parking on yellow lines. The yellow lines are towards the end of the road which could solve his problem however then it means im parking illegally which I dont want to do.

I mean I know at times I go home from my girlfriends at night after 11pm however all I do is start the bike up and leave... I dont rev it intentionally or anything therefore how can anyone tell me im doing wrong? I have a parking permit to park outside there. I have a stock exhaust which itself is loud on a cold engine. It just sounds loud as the sound echos off the walls and buildings which I cant help to be honest. I think he has already complained to the agency which my girlfriend told me as I am at home right now so now im waiting for the agency to try speak to her or to me about it.

He has even told me to change the bin bags! I was like excuse me? I come here to spend time with my girlfriend not here to do your chores for you!

Yestarday he asked my girlfriend to throw rubbish outside and to change the bag for the bin inside the house which my girlfriend does any way however it was not full. The bin was half full therefore the bag did not need changing so she left it and today he started shouting at her first about the bin bag and my motorbike and when i arrived he was raising his voice with me saying "I dont give a fuc* blah blah your bike is too loud you disturb my sleep"

I mean if he had asked me nicely and politely I would have suggested that I can park somewhere else if it will help (which i doubt) but seeing as he was swearing he just got a lecture from me telling him hes an old man with no morals and respect and is acting like a kid. :)

If the agency speaks to me I will simply tell them the bike is standard and i have a permit to park outside therefore i am not breaking any rules.

As for the bin bags it is not my responsibilty to change them. Me and my girlfriend always clean after each other. Some people 😳 I have no words..

Thanks.

Guest Richzx6r

Go out get yourself an after market straight through exhaust...something with a nice burble on tick over then when you are getting your lid and gloves on have the bike running just outside his window, and when you ride off give it the beans, either that or bash the c*nt till he cant complain anymore :twisted:

If its a standard exhaust and passed a recent MOT you have nothing to worry about but what you need to do is keep a record of his aggressive behaviour and attitude. He has no right in a shared dwelling to be ordering people about and threatening people. Keep a record of dates and times and a brief description of what he did or said. This all helps if he complains to what ever authorities, he sounds like an ar*ehole who likes to intimidate people. As long as you ride in a manner to minimise noise on arrival and leaving there is nothing he can do. I would suggest if he continues to intimidate your girlfriend I would go and see the landlord to make a confidential complaint against the moron. Good luck.

Just had this with my gf's shared housing situation.

Middle aged guy accused her of being noisy, always talking to her twin sister on the phone. And it was another thing every week to the point that after 10pm she was quiet as a mouse, tv off, watching stuff on her phone with earphones. Meanwhile, this man wasn't beyond loud sex at 3am screaming "oh baby".

It all boiled over when she used the oven one evening, in view of the other housemates, they saw her prepare, and cook it. Not a word until 2 hours later this guy accused her of selfishly hogging the oven, meaning he didn't have his tea. She defended herself saying they all saw, and no one mentioned anything, and she always makes a big batch of meals for her lunches/dinners for the week to stay out of the way so she needs it for an hour. He was screaming that she was stupid etc, she finally snapped and tells him she has good house manners, she's not stupid as she recently finished her masters, and he needs to stop pretending the house is his to police, it's a house share, and to get a f**king grip.

This just escalated things, he went into a fit about her being arrogant etc. Just moving the goal posts to sustain his abuse. Even on social media. But he wouldn't dare say a word if I was there, which I figure means he knows at some level he knew he was out of order.

The point is. I bet this guy is an apple off the same tree. There's more to it than just the bike.

You can't be told by the agency to not park there if the bike is road legal, and you are just using it normally.

Tell the agency he's been abusive. Also tell them your bike is road legal, stock, and you don't sit there idling it.

Don't try and reason with him, they are never going to see the other side of things, or even agree to disagree, just ignore him, block them if they're on social media. It just stops the conceited games.

Middle aged guy accused her of being noisy, always talking to her twin sister on the phone. And it was another thing every week to the point that after 10pm she was quiet as a mouse, tv off, watching stuff on her phone with earphones. Meanwhile, this man wasn't beyond loud sex at 3am screaming "oh baby".

It all boiled over when she used the oven one evening, in view of the other housemates, they saw her prepare, and cook it. Not a word until 2 hours later this guy accused her of selfishly hogging the oven, meaning he didn't have his tea. She defended herself saying they all saw, and no one mentioned anything, and she always makes a big batch of meals for her lunches/dinners for the week to stay out of the way so she needs it for an hour. He was screaming that she was stupid etc, she finally snapped and tells him she has good house manners, she's not stupid as she recently finished her masters, and he needs to stop pretending the house is his to police, it's a house share, and to get a f**king grip.

This just escalated things, he went into a fit about her being arrogant etc. Just moving the goal posts to sustain his abuse. Even on social media. But he wouldn't dare say a word if I was there, which I figure means he knows at some level he knew he was out of order.

The point is. I bet this guy is an apple off the same tree. There's more to it than just the bike.

You can't be told by the agency to not park there if the bike is road legal, and you are just using it normally.

Tell the agency he's been abusive. Also tell them your bike is road legal, stock, and you don't sit there idling it.

Don't try and reason with him, they are never going to see the other side of things, or even agree to disagree, just ignore him, block them if they're on social media. It just stops the conceited games.

Your right however my girlfriend being a women as they say she has decided to tell me to not come anymore to the house at night and that she is now going to stop cooking food at night and will buy her own bin so she can use her own bin rather than use the house bin. Told her she is being stupid which didnt work out well 😂.

Honestly I would have helped him by telling him I will park the bike at the end of the road instead if it makes anything better but the way he spoke to me telling me its his house and that he will throw the bin at my head and even after explaining to him that im not revving the bike and its just idleing he wouldnt take any notice and started swearing at me. Why would I want to help someone like that? I pay to park outside on the street and im not sorry that you live in a shared house and your room is right next to the street. Girlfriend wants to he bice to everyone and im here having no sympathy for him... She tried to say to me park at the end and I said no im paying for the parking permit, the bike belongs to me and i can park where i like. The end of the road is double yellow lines therefore im not taking the risk to park at the end and get a ticket especialy when I pay to park on the road.

Seriously I told her no problem i wont come into your house but how will you stop me from coming outside and idleing my bike outside on the road? :) I can do this if I wish too so who will stop me doing that? 😂 shes on her period any way she will start thinking straight soon any way but as for him I have no sympathy for him. Im a nice guy, if you asked me nicely I would have helped but the way you spoke to me you can kiss my as*.

Thanks.

Peterborough. Worst area to live!

Lets see how it goes now.. I have explained to my girlfriend and shes asked me to come round to see her later on so we will see what happens. If he tries shouting or threatening me, I will get the police involved and tell them im being harassed for parking my motorbike outside on the street as someone doesnt like me parking here as the bike is too loud for them😂😂

Thanks.

Your right however my girlfriend being a women as they say she has decided to tell me to not come anymore to the house at night and that she is now going to stop cooking food at night and will buy her own bin so she can use her own bin rather than use the house bin. Told her she is being stupid which didnt work out well 😂.

Honestly I would have helped him by telling him I will park the bike at the end of the road instead if it makes anything better but the way he spoke to me telling me its his house and that he will throw the bin at my head and even after explaining to him that im not revving the bike and its just idleing he wouldnt take any notice and started swearing at me. Why would I want to help someone like that? I pay to park outside on the street and im not sorry that you live in a shared house and your room is right next to the street. Girlfriend wants to he bice to everyone and im here having no sympathy for him... She tried to say to me park at the end and I said no im paying for the parking permit, the bike belongs to me and i can park where i like. The end of the road is double yellow lines therefore im not taking the risk to park at the end and get a ticket especialy when I pay to park on the road.

Seriously I told her no problem i wont come into your house but how will you stop me from coming outside and idleing my bike outside on the road? :) I can do this if I wish too so who will stop me doing that? 😂 shes on her period any way she will start thinking straight soon any way but as for him I have no sympathy for him. Im a nice guy, if you asked me nicely I would have helped but the way you spoke to me you can kiss my as*.

Thanks.

Is it just me :? she's breaking up with you mate .

Thanks.

No shes on her period and shes always not herself on her periods 😂 girl problems... Anyways.. What is the legal sound limit of a 650cc motorbike any way?

I read its somewhere near 90db however i downloaded a app on playstore and apparently the room i am in right now its 80db as it is so surely a exhaust is not only 10db louder?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

No shes on her period and shes always not herself on her periods 😂 girl problems... Anyways.. What is the legal sound limit of a 650cc motorbike any way?

I read its somewhere near 90db however i downloaded a app on playstore and apparently the room i am in right now its 80db as it is so surely a exhaust is not only 10db louder?

Thanks.

Thanks.

450D92A6-3AE8-48FC-B4B5-40E27E9AA8D9.gif.27c9b7bb291630f77c771a56f15bf509.gif