Best thing about riding a motorcycle ?

Gsx750f boy

Was asked by a old friend ..why a motorcycle? I tried to explain about freedom,no noise from people ,and feeling the road and wind blast in face .....any others I missed or wot would u say about best bit of riding a bike ??? :popcorn:

a few years ago there was a series of bike programmes on the one eyed monster called - two wheels better- and one week there was a guy on and he said that motorcycling was a very selfish hobby, what he probably meant was when you are on your bike you can go whichever direction you want and don't have to listen to anybody sat next you burbling on all the time about the route to take and which relative to visit on the way home :blah:

Best thing is the women:

Legions of wet knickered girls gagging to shag you senseless just coz you ride a bike.

I mean, it can’t just be happening to me ? 🤣🤣

Filtering past coworkers who are sat in traffic :lol:

Oh and the big trips. Proper adventures that you wouldn't really think of doing in a car, but for some reason it sounds like a great laugh to try and do it on a bike. And then you end up with interesting stories about how your 23 year old CB250 with 90K on it was breaking in half in the middle of Spain, got it fixed by a window maker and rode it down a bit further before successfully getting home and not even dying once.

Filtering through traffic. Spending 1100 pounds on something quicker than most things on the road. A real connection to the riding/driving- nothing passive about it.

Makes me smile a lot.

I've found filter passed someone u know and jumping traffic great fun.as billy Elliot said ..its like electric lol..best thing I ever did in years ( apart from getting married, house,kids) even the autograss racing for 9 years comes 2nd for thrills compared to biking :thumb:

Where are these women I ask you

Oh ... you must be doing it wrong

years ago the best insult to a bloke in NI was " u couldn't even get a girl in armagh jail with 20fags and a bottle of wine !" ....armagh jail is all women !!!! Lol

Best thing is the women:

Legions of wet knickered girls gagging to shag you senseless just coz you ride a bike.

I mean, it can’t just be happening to me ? 🤣🤣

sounds like a single man talking lol

Nope

But the missus doesn’t like bikes anymore - says that “there’s a time and place for her legs to be around her ears & the back of my bike isn’t one of them” 🤣

Speaking as someone with Asperger's who works in an environment where I'm pushing my boundaries all day by interacting with dozens of people , it's a joy to get out on my bike where there's just me , the bike and the road . A long bike ride is like a form of healing meditation for me . There's nothing going on in my conscious mind except the unfolding present while my unconscious mind presumably takes a well earned rest . I love touring in my beloved Scotland because of the fact that I can just bungee a bag on my bike , lock the front door , turn left at the end of my drive and just do what I love until I end up somewhere like this .

IMG_20190701_190558438.thumb.jpg.f7d6347a993b5b77fb5347f5921c6597.jpg

I love zipping past traffic queues, taking my rightful place at the traffic lights (at the front) and just generally being the king of the road.

It's delishious also when a car driver thinks I'm on a 125 and he's going blow me away at the lights 🚥 🤣