Best thing about riding a motorcycle ?

Gsx750f boy

The look on an old lady's face when you stop to let her cross the road. Just for moment she remembers when she was young and all the traffic stopped for her.

That and letting the car have a good head start before you blitz it. Much more fun when they just begin to think they've won.

I fully agree about switching off life worries on a bike due to thinking about riding safely... I think all car drivers should ride a L plate bike for a week to show them issues we know off as bike riders.above all it has to be fun and relaxing and even letting OAP cross the road ,as we know not all bikers are cock's :thumb:

Speaking as someone with Asperger's who works in an environment where I'm pushing my boundaries all day by interacting with dozens of people , it's a joy to get out on my bike where there's just me , the bike and the road . A long bike ride is like a form of healing meditation for me . There's nothing going on in my conscious mind except the unfolding present while my unconscious mind presumably takes a well earned rest . I love touring in my beloved Scotland because of the fact that I can just bungee a bag on my bike , lock the front door , turn left at the end of my drive and just do what I love until I end up somewhere like this .

do u ask a farmer to pitch or a proper site ??? Looks very relaxing ...very Donegal looking ie about to rain ! Not really built for a crowd that tent might you lol

Speaking as someone with Asperger's who works in an environment where I'm pushing my boundaries all day by interacting with dozens of people , it's a joy to get out on my bike where there's just me , the bike and the road . A long bike ride is like a form of healing meditation for me . There's nothing going on in my conscious mind except the unfolding present while my unconscious mind presumably takes a well earned rest . I love touring in my beloved Scotland because of the fact that I can just bungee a bag on my bike , lock the front door , turn left at the end of my drive and just do what I love until I end up somewhere like this .

do u ask a farmer to pitch or a proper site ??? Looks very relaxing ...very Donegal looking ie about to rain ! Not really built for a crowd that tent might you lol

This particular campsite is one I have stayed at for many years called The Croft at Back of Keppoch near Arisaig on the west coast of Scotland. Unfortunately the lovely couple that run this very basic site are getting on a bit and there is a possibility that it may be closing soon . Check out the link . The Croft Caravan and Camping Site

4, Back of Keppoch, Arisaig PH39 4NS

01687 450200

https://g.co/kgs/4MZaxB

The huge variety of bikes available to suit your taste,needs and riding abilities for not much money.

That you can stop somewhere, get talking to a complete stranger about bikes like you are old mates.

The noise my RGV & GT380 make in this world of 4 strokes

Oh and the fact my R1 can do 0-60 in 3 secs and 170mph for £1800 :thumb:

The huge variety of bikes available to suit your taste,needs and riding abilities for not much money.

That you can stop somewhere, get talking to a complete stranger about bikes like you are old mates.

yes the sound of a 2 stroke coming sputtering round a roundabout then clearing into a powerband rev is something heavenly lol....no smoke no poke lol..its very funny sitting on even my gsx750f knowing that it can clean the floor with most cars for little cash ! Not that I would be into speeding or racing ,officer :roll:

And I've got a pretty good idea where you go to do 170 mph . M45 by any chance ? That's where I took the GSXR just so I could say I'd done 150+ mph .

And I've got a pretty good idea where you go to do 170 mph . M45 by any chance ? That's where I took the GSXR just so I could say I'd done 150+ mph .

Haha, did the same on my GSXR750 - the slight curves on the M45 get a bit tighter at those speeds!!

Haha, did the same on my GSXR750 - the slight curves on the M45 get a bit tighter at those speeds!!

The Armco barrier on the central reservation starts to look like a band saw in a butcher's shop at those speeds .

I will happily admit to riding much faster than 100mph... On the autobahn. I'm guessing it's only fun when it's illegal. I found it tedious, but then, motorways always are. Including those with no limits. We're heading for a road next September, that probably has a limit, but no police or speed cameras. Should be a laugh assuming nobody has a "moment"

Edit. The speed limit is 62mph, but unenforced/unenforceable.

Is that a good place for high speed?

The M45 is the perfect place for high speed . It's a forgotten piece of Motorway that never needed to be built . It's almost always deserted , there are no fixed cameras and it comprises several long straight sections . Even my late father , who believed that obedience to the law was intrinsic to his unquestioning belief in God , took a 2L Capri up to a hundred and plenty on the M45 . And that really is saying something . https://pathetic.org.uk/current/m45/

Does anyone seriously think that they would be prosecuted for writing under an assumed name about speeding ?

That would depend on how much I get paid to release the details of your IP address :popcorn:

Does anyone seriously think that they would be prosecuted for writing under an assumed name about speeding ?

That would depend on how much I get paid to release the details of your IP address :popcorn:

Yeah but ..... it’s the internet ...... where nobody ever tells the truth !! 😇

I was talking hypothetically of course :angel12:

But if I did decide to try that then the M45 is a great choice, especially a stretch just off the M1 westbound,slight downhill and straight for a couple of miles.

No I don't think you would get prosecuted for admitting speeding on a public forum... Probably. But I still wouldn't do it, it's social media and stays there for ever and ever. One day you might knock somebody over or something similarly serious and it could be dug up and used as character assassination in court.

Tell people nothing 😎